FORT HOOD

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
Whats going on with the USA? I don't know much but a Army Psychiatrist went on a shooting spree outside the soldier readiness center in Fort Hood, which I believe is located in Texas?

12 People killed, eleven died at the scene and one died in the hospital, one of those killed was a civilian police officer. The Major who opened fire with two handguns, was then shot to death by authorities.

This raises real concern for me, and I will tell you why. I am almost a legal adult in this country, and I do care, about it as a private citizen it concerns me that horrible crimes like this are happening in my country's Army.

Particularly the Army, I understand they are the biggest branch, and that crimes like this happen in all branches of the military.

And right now I am just considering the factors, the deployments of the Army are frequent and long, and I also see horrible crimes, including domestic violence and murders in the media around, and even from some friends in the Army around my area at Army instillations well within 45 minutes driving distances.

Now I don't even have to guess that the Fort Hood incident, was no doubt a criminal act not an act of terror.

But I know soldiers, and they are GOOD PEOPLE, thats why I am always comfortable around them, I trust my countries Army, thats why I am always shocked when I hear news like this. Particularly when most of the time it's the Army, I am worried about U.S. Soldiers... Something is gotta be behind it,some factor somewhere or combination of factors, it's the Army, the last place you would hope to find this.

Last edited:
Someone needs to pull the plug on that disloyal bastard then.

And I volunteer. may he rot in freakin hell

Fort Hood is just 1.5 hours away from where I live. My condolences goes to the victims and their families and friends.

I third that, 03USMC.

That guy is nuts, giving the U.S. Army a blackeye like that, when found out he survived after being shot I pretty much considered doing it myself.

I mean from what I hear Foot Hood is a pretty nice instailation, and the guy picked up Major back in may, he had no right to do what he did.

But I can say this, he may want to take off his uniform blouse, its gonna be hot where he is going

My prayers go out to the victims and there family.

I've asked myself many times even before this incident what this word is coming to and i have come up blank

what i am thinking about is how can citizens like myself help and assist our fellow citizens in uniform and keep them safe when they are at home:(

The help will be by new SOP's. I wouldn't be surprised if they start setting up hard hitting QRF's for American installations now. Maybe even profiling.

I don't care like some Americans about inconvience, like with buying a fire arm or going through an airport, things like the Hood tragedy are worth it. It's just not in my heart risk things like that again.

Exactly right, Sukio. So you have to get to the airport a little early? It's better than potentially losing American lives.

My prayers and condolences to those hurt in this trajedy. Breaks my heart to hear of such things happening so close to home. :crybaby: Our guys and gals deployed, shouldn't have to worry.

Back