Fort Hood assessing soldiers after suicides

Well, soldiers have to live with a lot of things.

The image of the war. When you come back victorious, everybody loves you.
But when you come from a weird war like the War in Iraq... Or in Afghanistan... Like the Vietnam war... It's hard to deal with how society looks at you.

And with the financial crisis... And maybe the accusations that the military are responsible for all this BS because of unreasonable spending.

Add to that post traumatic stress syndromes... And the people who cant understand.

And in my part, I would add the military culture... Not the best culture to mix with people who werent in the army. In particular if you are dealing with pacifists...

But it was proven that people who commit suicide are the people who are isolated from society.

Jewish communities are the ones who had the lowest suicide rates. And it's because of their traditions asking them to stick together and to support each others. There is a very interesting paper on that by a sociology study group.

You send the troops to the borders of society... To war. Where they have to wage war on poor people, on the cultures we dont want in the modern world...

And when they come back... They are the only ones who saw these borders.

In my opinion, once you traveled and saw the world as it is, you have a hard time putting a suit and joining a conference call to speak about BS topics to make money...

And I think that it's the same phenomenon with these soldiers who cant handle life after spending too much time outside this controled environment we call modern society...

Back