Forsake The Troops

I can't wait for him to get the JD (Just Desserts) award up the wazoo.
the scumbag said:
I've had some form of retirement plan since I was 17.
That retirement plan was, and probably still, most likely mommy and daddy

You really think you have the right to say such things? The Constitution of this country says you have the freedom of speech and that you can write whatever the hell you want.
Well guess what, you also cannot call other people Scumbags. Why do you attack the common soldier? The officers make five times as much, yet you mention those that are directly defending your ass. You think we are all about violence and are afraid to leave our true names? Well how about this, at my age I got the BALLS to say my full name and dare you to run for any political office in any nation, and see how many people support your absurd ideas. I live by a Navy base and the soldiers do not get that much. It is not like they are eating steaks every day and drinking expensive wine. They make very little and those that do live on base usually send the money to relatives that may need it. So I ask you, what’s your story? Did some ROTC cadet show you what kind of a person you are and now you are scared for life? Or was it High School JROTC cadet that showed you how to shut up? You hide behind the Constitution, yet you abuse the rights of others even more than the people who write to you. I bet you will not even post my letter because you have no balls; you are going to chicken out and just post those that did not leave a name and did not tell you the truth about your opinion? Well here it is my name and my affiliation.

Michael Hatkevich, C/CMSgt, CAP
Staff Member
Palwaukee Composite Squadron
Cell: 1-847-345-4840

let him talk BS some more

The officers make five times as much, yet you mention those that are directly defending your ass.

Officers do make more money, but not five times as much by any stretch of the imagination and they directly defend your ass too. Make your point please without denigrating those who serve any further. :?

Molly Pitcher said:
The officers make five times as much, yet you mention those that are directly defending your ass.

Officers do make more money, but not five times as much by any stretch of the imagination and they directly defend your ass too. Make your point please without denigrating those who serve any further. :?

I did not degrade them i just said that he, for some reason only tries to cut the enlisted pay, but if he was really thinking about the tax payers, he would talk about all the pay grades. But you have to agree, generals making 13000+ a month is excessive

Yes, you DID degrade them by inferring that only enlistedmen save you from harm and a general getting $13,000 a month isn't even a smidge near what the corporate executives make out there. I think commanding an army is a bit more important than selling (fill in the blank). I also imagine that being a general to begin with a just a bit more difficult than selling (fill in the blank). If you want to complain about Crook, fine and all the power to you, I'm certainly on that bandwagon, but do so without taking shots at servicemen yourself.

Molly Pitcher said:
Yes, you DID degrade them by inferring that only enlistedmen save you from harm and a general getting $13,000 a month isn't even a smidge near what the corporate executives make out there. I think commanding an army is a bit more important than selling (fill in the blank). I also imagine that being a general to begin with a just a bit more difficult than selling (fill in the blank). If you want to complain about Crook, fine and all the power to you, I'm certainly on that bandwagon, but do so without taking shots at servicemen yourself.

Look if you think I took a shot at officers, fine, but i know i did not a nd so that what it is. I think If I hated the officers then i would have said something before, since i have been on the forums for quite a while now

Molly Pitcher said:

I dont agree at all, pay rates are usually set at what the market will pay for that position it rarely has anything to do with the perceived worth of the position.
To play devils advocate look at it from an "executives" point of view he/she carries out the job daily, their abilities generate cash which intern flows through the system to generate jobs and national wealth for others including the military whereas the military tends to consume cash (usually the cash the "executive" has produced) with rarely any tangible benefits (few people see a need for militaries until they are actually needed).
Disclaimer: This is "devils advocate stuff and not my personal views

Now back to the matter at hand I agree with USAFAUX2004 I dont think there was any intention to single out officers and I think this part of the post explains that
but if he was really thinking about the tax payers, he would talk about all the pay grades

I really think you are reading too much into what he said.

Judging from the things you've said to Charge, MontyB, and that you invaded a thread of his just to insult him. I'll take your comments to me for what they're worth.

And, USAFAUX2004, if you don't see what you said then you aren't reading your own words any better than Crook's if you think that by not mentioning officers pay Crook has any less of an issue with them than he does with enlistedmen.

Molly Pitcher said:
Judging from the things you've said to Charge, MontyB, and that you invaded a thread of his just to insult him. I'll take your comments to me for what they're worth.

And, USAFAUX2004, if you don't see what you said then you aren't reading your own words any better than Crook's if you think that by not mentioning officers pay Crook has any less of an issue with them than he does with enlistedmen.

Good to see you have kept an open mind on things, at times I wonder whether we speak the same language therefore I will try to keep this direct and you can make of it what you like as I doubt it will make a difference anyway.

From what I read his (USAFAUX2004) "perceived insult" was aimed at Crook in that he (Crook) was showing his (Crooks) bias by targeting enlisted pays and not across the board cuts.
As far as I have looked through this thread he (USAFAUX2004) has not endorsed or recommended pay cuts anywhere and apart from saying that he thought $13000 a month was excessive I cant see what your point is as the earning potential of a job is set by market forces and not emotive ones.

I am sorry you have a problem with this but I don't think extrapolating a perceived insult into a full out attack on the guy is warranted.

rotc boy said:
LOL! This is hilarious!. Some guy pulled a hoax where he posed as a military casualty notification officer and told some lady her husband died in Iraq! CLASSIC!

*this link was provided with that as "LOL! This is hilarious!"*
http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,FL_hoax_022305,00.html

This guy is a sick bastard

I agree with the "sick" comment but I still fail to see the hilarious part?

I am sorry you have a problem with this but I don't think extrapolating a perceived insult into a full out attack on the guy is warranted.

If you think that was a "full out attack" then you have a gift for hyperbole if nothing else. I wasn't attacking him. I was telling him that he could make his point without making comments against officers in any way at all.

Rotc Boy....
If anyone ever did that to one of my loved ones, I would tear that person in two... I don't find anything funny about that.

I cant even register on his site now that its back LOL. Do you think the little baby is mad at me or finally got tired of deleting what I wright?

Oh and rotc bot thats not funny at all.

Molly Pitcher said:

If you think that was a "full out attack" then you have a gift for hyperbole if nothing else. I wasn't attacking him. I was telling him that he could make his point without making comments against officers in any way at all.

Oddly enough I dont have a gift for hyperbole at all I am infact a rather blunt and direct person which is what amuses me about "invading" threads to insult Charge as if I had insulted him he would have known about it in no uncertain terms.

However rather than get to a point where insults will be traded I will leave it at this point by saying I think you have misunderstood what he was attempting to say.

I read what you posted in Charge's thread. I also saw that a mod deleted it. I rest my case on that matter.

I don't need YOU to interpret for me what was said.

Evidently YOU need some interpreting though as I can certainly see, and know full well from rotc boy's charactor, that HE did not find that post about the fake casualty notification hilarious, but was only posting a quote which didn't get captioned correctly somehow. If you read anything that rotc boy says about the military, you'd know that he wouldn't find that hilarious.

rotc boy said:
i didnt say that, that shit stain micheal crook did
second bottom in this page
http://forsakethetroops. info/news-stories.html

and read some of the other revolting comments he has said...

Ah my bad, I guess I did misread it (although I am not alone it would appear) I was going to ask in my first reply whether it was a poor choice of topic title, can I suggest using the "quote" option to make it a bit clearer?

:)

I read what you posted in Charge's thread. I also saw that a mod deleted it. I rest my case on that matter.

I don't need YOU to interpret for me what was said.

Evidently YOU need some interpreting though as I can certainly see, and know full well from rotc boy's charactor, that HE did not find that post about the fake casualty notification hilarious, but was only posting a quote which didn't get captioned correctly somehow. If you read anything that rotc boy says about the military, you'd know that he wouldn't find that hilarious.

Look if you want to start a fight thats fine but can you take it to PMing so others dont have to tolerate it then we can both be perfectly clear, blunt and honest and hopefully not break any rules otherwise I think we have both stated our cases lets leave it at that.

Back