Forget Terrorists Abroad; What About Here?

Stuff like this goes in cycles and yes alot of it maybe connected to the economy.

But not always, while some people are disillusioned, there are some real loons out there. Take Timothy McVeigh for example, he went to the electric chair convinced that he was going to be remembered as a modern day Nathan Hale. And there are many like him.

I am greatly concerned by some of the talking heads say on the radio. I believe in Freedom of speach but some of what they say comes very close to incitement. I know people like Savage, Coulter and Rush don't really believe everything they say, but some of their listeners do. Then there are fruitcakes like Michelle Malkin who encourages Americans to spy and report on their neighboors -something even FOX's Geraldo Rivera took issue with.

The next major terrorist attack may very well be from "inside".

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there is real reason to be very alarmed as I'm sure most of these groups are just all talk and serve more as a feel good social club.
The rise in violence is natural during times of economic hardship. Same over here actually.

There are always going to be Loons of some stripe out there it just depends on when and how they raise their heads and crawl out from under their rocks.

They all talk the talk, what the right wing extremists really need to remember is some of swore to uphold and defend the constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, both foreign and domestic, so help us GOD.
And we are as well armed as they are.

This is what is on my cox home page
http://hamptonroads.cox.net/cci/new...=article&id=D97J7K600&_action=validatearticle

I find it VERY offensive to even think of comparing a returning military person in the same category as a terrorist.
Oh and before anybody goes off the deep end about my comment, I am one of the veterans who has problems " assimilating back into their home communities "
I believe a formal written apology is in order to every veteran

What idiots. If you want to make changes (or prevent them for that matter) you can't use violence. That'll just poison public opinion against your cause and make it that much harder.

Sometimes I do share in their outrage, even though I am not a republican or even a conservative (Bush was even worse) really it is sickening to see people bend over while their rights are turned into privileges.

Unfortunately it's because they are actually privileges to start off with. We make them into rights by protecting them and hard wiring it into our psychology that this certain privilege is something a human being can never do without. That without them, we would not be civilized.
It's the sad reality.

The worst part is that every time the maniacs do something or think they are defending them selves, the rest of us suffer through the gun bans, new license laws, longer background checks.

Unless it's going to be a coordinated strike that will reach a point of no return (i.e. a massive overthrow) guns are a bad way to go. In fact, I don't think the current situation warrants a massive overthrow anyway.

I emailed my retired LT the link to my cox home page, he says this in his reply:

So we (U.S. Vets) Sue them for Dif. of careitor & Slander.

See how they like that one.

I like that idea.

The next major terrorist attack may very well be from "inside".

Yes - but not necessarily from right wing fanatics with their flea-bites.

Much more likely to come by organised acts of war from those with worldwide agendas searching for weakness, for any soft underbelly within the world's strongest nation. That is why I applaud with Obama's instruction re. the pirate hostage situation.

Remember,remember, 11 September; Aeroplane treason and plot.
I see no reason why that aeroplane treason should ever be forgot.

Last edited:
Yes - but not necessarily from right wing fanatics with their flea-bites.

Much more likely to come by organised acts of war from those with worldwide agendas searching for weakness, for any soft underbelly within the world's strongest nation. That is why I applaud with Obama's instruction re. the pirate hostage situation.

Remember,remember, 11 September; Aeroplane treason and plot.
I see no reason why that aeroplane treason should ever be forgot.

Terrorist attacks like 911 have got to be the worst G**D** acts of cowardess I can think of.
I'd have more respect for them if they would just fight liek real men, not like a dishonorable coward hideing from plain sight.

Terrorist attacks like 911 have got to be the worst G**D** acts of cowardess I can think of.
I'd have more respect for them if they would just fight liek real men, not like a dishonorable coward hideing from plain sight.
I dunno, I'm not really following how blowing yourself up to support your cause is cowardly.

Actually it struck me that way as well. Blowing yourself up takes a crap load of ball tonnage.
I guess the cowardly part is that they targeted the helpless.
But still blowing yourself is about as hard core as it gets.

I think that part of the problem is that the media have extracted phrases from the report & used them to sensationalise a story.

Yes there is a threat from internal groups - what is new about that. Every country has its own dissidents, some of which use violence to try and further their aims.

From what I understand from the report, the danger is that returning soldiers could be disaffected due to the current economic situation, so more care should be given to making sure that they're given all support possible, which is a good thing.

I beleive that at 1 time in the UK, nearly 10% of the homeless population were ex servicemen and women who couldn't adjust to civvie street - not seen any reports of them joining our internal dissident groups and committing acts violence, protests yes, violence no.

So well done the media for taking a simple report, extracting inflammatory words and blowing it out of all proportion - it sells air time doncha know!

Actually blowing yourself up takes one of two things, big brass ones or total stupidity, lets face it any 2 bit moron can manage to blow himself up. But to me a coward blows himself up along with innocent people.
I have way more respect for the enemy that will fight me than teh one that blows him self up instead.

Back