Forget Terrorists Abroad; What About Here?

I think that part of the problem is that the media have extracted phrases from the report & used them to sensationalise a story.

Yes there is a threat from internal groups - what is new about that. Every country has its own dissidents, some of which use violence to try and further their aims.

From what I understand from the report, the danger is that returning soldiers could be disaffected due to the current economic situation, so more care should be given to making sure that they're given all support possible, which is a good thing.

I beleive that at 1 time in the UK, nearly 10% of the homeless population were ex servicemen and women who couldn't adjust to civvie street - not seen any reports of them joining our internal dissident groups and committing acts violence, protests yes, violence no.

So well done the media for taking a simple report, extracting inflammatory words and blowing it out of all proportion - it sells air time doncha know!

But that would require the govt to keep the promises that it made to service men and women.

Back