Foreign Military - Page 3

--

January 19th, 2005  
Chinaman

i think military speaking the best sof unit is definetly the green beret
January 19th, 2005  
AussieNick

Quote:
What I mean is like we have these super intense marines......and then the extremely elite SEALs and Green Berets etc...but like what do they have in a place like....china...do they have special forces or is their training like gym class compared marines training...
US Units and our Australian equivilent. Training intensity etc is just about the same between us, since we train together and work closely.

Marines: 1RAR, 2RAR, 6RAR Infantry
Airborne/Rangers: 3RAR Para
Navy Seals: Navy Clearance Divers
Green Berets: SAS
Delta: 4RAR Commandos

Big difference come around in terms of our training based on location. Thats all, plus we use very different combat tactics to the US, and we've shown that plenty of times before.
January 19th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
south korean army...en......didn't really have a proud history huh?
Read about South Korean military activities in Vietnam. You may use Vietnamese sources as well. Government issued motivational propaganda doesn't count

Quote:
Originally Posted by paratroopa
And how do you back this up? When you reach a certain level, the disparities become less clear. The "best" team of the day is the one that wins. The next engagement, someone else may be the best. Then another... but we won't know because they're generally on the same side.
--
January 19th, 2005  
devilwasp

The british royal marine comando's have a second special forces unit, the mountain and arctic warfare cadre or brigade recce force.
January 19th, 2005  
CPrime

Mod Edit: Fill in your profile with your military information.
January 19th, 2005  
Big_Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by paratroopa
Green berets are something you wear on your head, not a unit.
January 20th, 2005  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
Green berets are something you wear on your head, not a unit.
Good lad.
January 20th, 2005  
Sexybeast

PLA seems to have some good lads..won some awards internationally,

but not lots of real experience though..
January 20th, 2005  
Big_Z

Are Americans the ones who came up with the designation "Ranger"? I know allot of countries use it and i'm just curious if it is after the US Rangers.
January 20th, 2005  
Chinaman

lol, green berets is a nickname yet the official name of an american unit, similar to the navy seals but much stronger and more elite

man, ur american, i thought u would know ur own units better than i do