FORD or HOLDEN

Ford Or Holden

• Total voters

AussieNick

Forum Digger
So, the great question to define Australians. Are you a Holden fan, or a Ford follower?

If you're not from Australia, have a look at the photos, make a shallow choice based on looks, jump on either the Ford or Holden bandwagon and be an honourary Aussie for a day. Just make sure you passionately defend your choice.

FORD
fpv_tornado1.jpg

ford_falcon_xr8_ba.jpg

HOLDEN
16double_leadimage__400x218.jpg

holden_vz_commodore_ss.jpg
\

(note: Before anyone gets up me, I know that I've got an FPV and and HSV, but they're still Ford and Holden)

Last edited:
The day I choose a Fix Or Repair Daily is the day FORD is the only vehicle available.

Never heard of Holden before, but they sure look nice and the design are better than the Ford. Cleaner shapes, more detail and looks pretty more exciting than the dull FORD which seems like a clinical wall.

Um, We own an XD (Still in good nic) and my dad works for BOC, so there is my Ford Connection, but me and my brother used to be die hard Holden Fans. So, I'd say both.

sunb! said:
The day I choose a Fix Or Repair Daily is the day FORD is the only vehicle available.

Never heard of Holden before, but they sure look nice and the design are better than the Ford. Cleaner shapes, more detail and looks pretty more exciting than the dull FORD which seems like a clinical wall.

Agree, i'm in Volvo LVs factory but im there as of Ford (Volvo PV) but its is defenetly a Holden if i get to chose, if none of those it would be a Volvo (i know its owned by ford but its still not even close to a FORD, it doesn't break daily, volvos are made to last :D)

Just remindes me of a sad thing that happened acouple of days ago where a Police radio car was hit by a train (Volvo V70) to the side of the car, and one of the two Police officers survived even though the car it self was less then driveble, its a good thing that one survied but its sad that one died, but I'm not sure if anyone of them would have survived in another car (well maybe a hummer but its kind of in its own league)

There are several stories on Volvo of people surviving incredible crashes in their Volvos

FORD tryed to make Volvo start manufacturing less safe cars to make them cheaper, not that it ever happened, don't know that they where thinking of getting out of telling them to do that, Volvo stands for safty and I doubt they will ever change that as of these words which is what Volvo stands for:

"BILAR KÖRS AV MÄNNISKOR. GRUNDPRINCIPEN BAKOM ALLT VI GÖR PÅ VOLVO ÄR DÄRFÖR – OCH MÅSTE ALLTID VARA – SÄKERHET"

It was said over 75 years ago by Volvos creator, shame on FORD!

But Volvo is after all FORDs money pig, they can't make money themselfs so they use Volvo to make more money for them so they can survive, not a good long term sulution, it will bring both companies in the dirt!

HOLDEN

My first one was a 2nd hand HR with ol' 186 motor
Second was a HJ Kingswood
Third was a GPZ 750 (got over the two wheel stage)
Fourth was an restored WB Statesman
Followed that with a series of Defence Dept. company cars
Now have my own VX calais series II

GO HOLDEN

AlexKall said:
There are several stories on Volvo of people surviving incredible crashes in their Volvos

The Volvo 240s and a few other models from the 1980s are indeed pretty safe cars despite their age thanks to Volvos ability to use other materials than light weight compositt materials and aluminium. Steel is what makes a car safe :)

So, the Ranchero lives again... I voted on the Ford based on looks in the photos included with the poll. Had this been Ford versus any other American car I would have probably voted against it out of spite alone. I think that is is sinful what that stupid company has done to the Jaguar name. What used to be a glorious product, a true acme, has been reduced to a laughingstock platform with one of the stars being no more than a Taurus with a Chrome Package.

So, the Ranchero lives again... I voted on the Ford based on looks in the photos included with the poll. Had this been Ford versus any other American car I would have probably voted against it out of spite alone. I think that is is sinful what that stupid company has done to the Jaguar name. What used to be a glorious product, a true acme, has been reduced to a laughingstock platform with one of the stars being no more than a Taurus with a Chrome Package.

Firstly, FORD USA and FORD AUSTRALIA are very very different.
Secondly.... The Ranchero? I'm sorry but these are utes, and we've had utes in Australia since the 30's.

You call them utes over there. Over here we call them out of style. The Ranchero and Chevrolet El Camino were actually quite popular here in the 1970s. They were car-trucks, and in my opinion were in very poor taste. Hell, everything in the 1970s was in poor taste. Today the only ones still running can be found in the many trailer parks dotting the southern part of the country. I think that in order to actually get a title for one you have to be missing at least 7 teeth and your wife has to have a black eye. You have to show up in a sleeveless t-shirt as well. It is considered poor ettiquite to drive one without 10-12 empty beercans in the bed.

What the hell is a Holden?

I drive a 2002 FORD F-150 XL Pickup Truck. But than again, I also live in America where the Ford F-Series Pickup Truck has been the number one selling pickup truck for the last 23 years.

Ahhhh, I see.

Well, I did some resreach on them over at Wikipedia.Com. It says that Holden is owned by and is a subsidiary of General Motors. Which is an American Company.

Wikipedia said:
Holden began as Holden's Motor Body Builders Ltd., a coachbuilder that made bodies to suit a number of chassis imported from different manufacturers, but particularly Chevrolet. It was purchased by General Motors in 1931 and became General Motors–Holden's Ltd. In 1998, it was renamed Holden Ltd and in May 2005, it became known as GM Holden Ltd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden

Holden's own website states the same. They were bought over by GMC in 1931.
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/jsp/corporateinfo/history/history.jsp?link=historical

Sorry, it's another American Company. We just outsource laobr to you guys.

Last edited:
Back