FORD or HOLDEN

Ford Or Holden

• Total voters
Ahhhh, I see.

Well, I did some resreach on them over at Wikipedia.Com. It says that Holden is owned by and is a subsidiary of General Motors. Which is an American Company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Holden began as Holden's Motor Body Builders Ltd., a coachbuilder that made bodies to suit a number of chassis imported from different manufacturers, but particularly Chevrolet. It was purchased by General Motors in 1931 and became General Motors–Holden's Ltd. In 1998, it was renamed Holden Ltd and in May 2005, it became known as GM Holden Ltd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden

Holden's own website states the same. They were bought over by GMC in 1931.
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...ink=historical

Sorry, it's another American Company. We just outsource laobr to you guys.

Well if your such a wealth of knowledge about the US, howcome you didn't know what Holden was - if as you say it's just an outsourced labour program.

Something can be owned by an American company but still be Aussie. Just like Rolls Royce is still British but it's owned by Germans.

I was joking about the outsourced labor program. It's still Aussie. I didn't research Holden unitl after you told me what it was.

If I remember, I read that Holden was the company that designed the Pontic GTO. But you guys called it something different. GMC saw the design and thought that; "Hey, it's a good car. Let's release it in America under the name of Pontic GTO."

I'm not trying to bash Holden, just trying to poke fun at the fact that it's one cool car company. Also, I'm a Ford Lover, so you gotta know that I'll defend Ford anyways.

5.56X45mm said:
I was joking about the outsourced labor program. It's still Aussie. I didn't research Holden unitl after you told me what it was.

If I remember, I read that Holden was the company that designed the Pontic GTO. But you guys called it something different. GMC saw the design and thought that; "Hey, it's a good car. Let's release it in America under the name of Pontic GTO."

I'm not trying to bash Holden, just trying to poke fun at the fact that it's one cool car company. Also, I'm a Ford Lover, so you gotta know that I'll defend Ford anyways.

Your Pontiac GTO is a rebadged Monaro, a very nice car in my opinon :D

Wikapedia said:
Most recently, the current Monaro has been exported to overseas markets. It is sold, in left hand drive, in the Middle East as the Chevrolet Lumina Coupe, and in the United States as the Pontiac GTO, reviving another classic muscle car icon. It is also sold in the United Kingdom as the Vauxhall Monaro where it won Top Gear's best muscle car award.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Monaro

Cant beat the 1973 Ford Falcon XB coupe with exclusive Aussie build.
Front.JPG

I'm a FORD girl aways have always will!!!

Shhhh now you can hear the Holdens rusting in the dark :lol:.

I'm on the road everyday, I turn the key its starts, thats all I need to know. It might it water and oil if I remember, it never has been to a car wash, its sits out in all weathers, and it starts first pop every morning.

But I want one of these :tank: cause I got road rage, LMAO and Issues.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For Old Retired Dudes
I bought a 2004 F150 Heritage Edition, extended cab, in 2005 because the dealer only had one left and 2006 models were about to come out. I got $7000.00 off a pickup with 88 miles on it.

Back