FOO-Bar and SnaFOOD Grill

OK... for our British friends..

when looking up British foods I saw something that, to me, looked really good.

It looked like a loaf of bread and had what looked like a Spam Loaf inside of it and inside the Spam Loaf was a hard boiled egg.. then it showed a plate with slices of this combination.

I tried to copy the url and and post it but the photo police must not have liked my idea and wouldn't let me.

I like spam and eggs, this looked interesting, but I am guessing that the meat is no spam... what is this called... is it eaten hot or cold... I'm even trying to figure out how they may even make it....... looked good.

I will keep trying to find a picture that will allow me to post...

Most interesting Wanda............

FOUND IT!!!

293.jpg

Last edited:
act-chew-ally

classicbrittishsheperdspie.jpg

I may be a *fur-in-er* but I does like this pie........ YUM

That looks very much like cottage pie or shepherds pie. Cottage pie is made from minced beef while shepherds pie is made from minced lamb.

OK... for our British friends..

when looking up British foods I saw something that, to me, looked really good.

It looked like a loaf of bread and had what looked like a Spam Loaf inside of it and inside the Spam Loaf was a hard boiled egg.. then it showed a plate with slices of this combination.

I tried to copy the url and and post it but the photo police must not have liked my idea and wouldn't let me.

I like spam and eggs, this looked interesting, but I am guessing that the meat is no spam... what is this called... is it eaten hot or cold... I'm even trying to figure out how they may even make it....... looked good.

I will keep trying to find a picture that will allow me to post...

Most interesting Wanda............

FOUND IT!!!

293.jpg

That's a pork pie, very tasty with English Mustard.

Alrightie, just got back from picking up ole' Henry and Elliott.

This is Henry...

and this little guy is Elliott..... the lady over the hill brought him over to Tankster several months after ole Henry was caught over at her place "visiting" her dog...

I have to stay well away from puppy litters, as soon as I am spotted by the puppies I bet they say to each other, "Here comes a sucker, put on a sad face boys and girls and he'll take one of us home."

Last edited:
That looks very much like cottage pie or shepherds pie. Cottage pie is made from minced beef while shepherds pie is made from minced lamb.

That's a pork pie, very tasty with English Mustard.

I have to stay well away from puppy litters, as soon as I am spotted by the puppies I bet they say to each other, "Here comes a sucker, put on a sad face boys and girls and he'll take one of us home."

Opa Brit, I knew you could not stay away from those puppies' pictures. They are cute! :)

Taken from Wikipedia:- ;)

A common variation on the common pork pie is the gala pie: a pie in which the pork is mixed with chicken and with a hard boiled egg in the centre. Gala pies are often baked in long, loaf-type tins, with multiple eggs arranged along the centre. The so called "long egg" in Gala pies is actually made of several eggs. The yolks are separated from the whites and the yolks are then poured into a long tube-shaped mould in which they are cooked. The hard yolk is removed from the mould then put inside a larger tube-shaped mould and the egg whites are poured round the outside of the hard yolk. The whole thing is then cooked again to harden the whites around the yolk. This is then removed from the mould thus producing one very long hard-boiled egg.

Opa Brit, I knew you could not stay away from those puppies' pictures. They are cute! :)

My Granddad was the same, Granny never knew what he was going to come home with. One day he came home with an enormous Mastiff, the bloody thing was as big as a small pony. My Granny was not amused, she yelled "AND WHERE'S SHE GOING TO SLEEP????" Granddad shouted back, 'WHERE SHE BLOODY WELL LIKES."

She was named Monica and settled in quite nicely. BTW, she slept where she liked lol.

Granny really put her foot down when he came home with a couple of goats, they kept butting her in the bum as she was hanging out the washing. In the end he took them to a small holding he had along the Lea Valley Road (For those who know the area.).

Taken from Wikipedia:- ;)

Well I never. Stands back in amazement.:drunkb:

See I told you I have a crap memory, and the missus tells "Porky Pies.":p

Last edited:
My Granddad was the same, Granny never knew what he was going to come home with. One day he came home with an enormous Mastiff, the bloody thing was as big as a small pony. My Granny was not amused, she yelled "AND WHERE'S SHE GOING TO SLEEP????" Granddad shouted back, 'WHERE SHE BLOODY WELL LIKES."

She was named Monica and settled in quite nicely. BTW, she slept where she liked lol.

Granny really put her foot down when he came home with a couple of goats, they kept butting her in the bum as she was hanging out the washing. In the end he took them to a small holding he had along the Lea Valley Road (For those who know the area.).

Well, it was a good thing your Grandad did not come home with a couple of lasses, now that would make Granny go through the roof! :twisted:

I'm not too keen on Guinness, my favourite tipple is Boddingtons bitter. Lovely and smooth. ;)

boddingtons0.jpg

thank you my new friend...... I have just added it to our order list.... I would offer up some *Rolling Rock*...

bucket-rocks.jpg

but fear I may be tossed out of my own establishment..........:) :cheers:

and if you don't see me behind the bar give a shout-out... I have set up my *smoker*

smoke.gif

and making up a batch

Last edited:
If you want a good beer, this is the one to try. It was my tipple of choice when I was based in Germany, extremely potent!! Only problem was it was very smooth, you wouldn't think you were drinking an extra strong beer. It was 8% strength but went down like lemonade. You didn't notice it was numbing your body from the soles up until you went to leave the establishment and found you couldn't walk!!! :D :D :D

warsteinerbanner2751.jpg

If you want a good beer, this is the one to try. It was my tipple of choice when I was based in Germany, extremely potent!! Only problem was it was very smooth, you wouldn't think you were drinking an extra strong beer. It was 8% strength but went down like lemonade. You didn't notice it was numbing your body from the soles up until you went to leave the establishment and found you couldn't walk!!! :D :D :D

warsteinerbanner2751.jpg
has been added to the list, thank you..

as you well know us colonist drink 3.2% type beer.... that be like drinking a bottle of wine. We're all lightweights compared to you folks... think I will stick to my

250px-Ezra_Brooks.jpg
good o'kentucky straight sourmash burbon whiskey

how about a little south of the border carne asada for dinner?

vm-carne-asada-002-1024x790.jpg

carne asada, re-fried beans, Spanish rice............ YUM

has been added to the list, thank you..

as you well know us colonist drink 3.2% type beer.... that be like drinking a bottle of wine. We're all lightweights compared to you folks... think I will stick to my

250px-Ezra_Brooks.jpg
good o'kentucky straight sourmash burbon whiskey

Our standard beers are about 4 - 5% and wines are usually round the 10 - 13.5%. Plenty to get squiffy on!! :D

I know you o'boys are on a different time zone... so, will show you what is for breakfast tomorrow

122301282uQjtJFbF.jpg

needs a wee bit more bacon and toast however.........

l.jpg

I know you o'boys are on a different time zone... so, will show you what is for breakfast tomorrow

122301282uQjtJFbF.jpg

needs a wee bit more bacon and toast however.........

l.jpg

Who the hell wants to live to be a hundered anyway? I've already decided I am dying with full belly.;)

I'm not too keen on Guinness, my favourite tipple is Boddingtons bitter. Lovely and smooth. ;)
You sacrilegious barsteward, you should be strung up by the goolies, and tickled with a barbed wire weed whacker.

Then Irish are strange buggers, but b'jezuz, they do know how to make lovely stout.

I should know they're strange, I'm only second generation English. Both sets of grandparents are Irish. Mind you, Liverpool, where I was born, is the second capital of Ireland, that many settled there for one reason or another. ;)

I should know they're strange, I'm only second generation English. Both sets of grandparents are Irish. Mind you, Liverpool, where I was born, is the second capital of Ireland, that many settled there for one reason or another. ;)

You should see my family lineage... The best of three world's .

Back