FOO-Bar and SnaFOOD Grill

Welcome to the forum. We have a nice selection of music and it looks like a nice new menu to choose from in case you have an appetite for fine cuisine.

Enjoy your stay.

Thank you Sarah. My friend Tankster (Sheridan) said I would really like it here. He told you that we "co-own" another bar & grill but it's really his; he just lets me cook and run the bar and take care of Henry & Elliott (they will be here later!). Tankster is a great guy.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Alright Tankster, here I am..... what a trip!

Hello all, my name is Wanda.... my friend Tankster suggested that I follow him over here; he said you all are a great bunch of people.

I am sorry to say that I am not a vet (physically couldn't) although my hubby, son, daughter, and son-in-law are all Army Vets, for which I am very proud.

Am very glad to be here; thanks for having me.
WANDA WOMAN!!!

You're here - Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

yes dear lady I AM happy to see you

and I could use some help with the dishes........

dirty-dishes.jpg

and Wanda, we needs to learn how to fix different chow in these parts they got one that is even *X* rated

115433295fROrWYUV.jpg

see? But they are friendly and their chow IS interesting... tell ya what, you help me get ahead in the kitchen and I'll take you out to get some *pomme's*
I think that is what they're called -

God knows I am old but, when did FOO-Bar and SnaFOOD Grill changed the original definition of the acronym? I first heard about this in the early 1960s (and it was old then). Back then the acronym was written as FUBAR and meant "****ed Up Beyond All Recognition"! WOW... how times have changed!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Wanda, I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Hot buttered crumpets. Mmmm - my staple night duty snack, washed down with mugs of hot tea. ;) They are hard to describe what they are - bread based but bloody lovely. :D

Covered in so much butter that it drips all over you as you eat it.

I was a trucker in the UK for years, the best eating places on the road are the ones where there's a crap load of trucks parked outside.

My favourite greasy spoon was on the A5 just north of Milton Keynes. By the time I got around Milton Keynes my mouth was watering, they had a breakfast special that consisted of two eggs, two sausages, four slices of bacon, baked beans, mushrooms, fried tomatoes, fried bread, chips, three slices of fresh crusty bread about 3 inches thick and a pint mug of tea all for £1:50p.:D

One of the lunches at our local pub and a firm favourite of mine in the summer on weekends was a ploughman's lunch. It was a huge piece of strong cheddar cheese, a couple of pickled onions, Branston pickle, a huge chunk of fresh crusty bread covered in butter and a good pint of bitter from the wood. My mouth is watering.:drink:

Then there is "Toad in the hole," "Bubble and Squeak." (which incidentally is Cockney rhyming slang for someone who is Greek, which is then shortened to Bubble, for example, "That bloke is a Bubble." Meaning he is Greek. Prince Phillip is a Bubble.):lol:

Last edited:
Alright Tankster, you know I'll take over the clean up for you. You take care of the bar, I'll clean. Geeze, have you washed anything at all since you opened this place? You are right; there is some interesting food here, but I already love tea and crumpets anyways!

Maybe I should haul over some of my dutch ovens; what do you think?

Alright Tankster, you know I'll take over the clean up for you. You take care of the bar, I'll clean. Geeze, have you washed anything at all since you opened this place? You are right; there is some interesting food here, but I already love tea and crumpets anyways!

Maybe I should haul over some of my dutch ovens; what do you think?
Wanda, dear lady, to whom I cannot lie... I got to *hog-jawin* with these folks and when I went back into the kitchen to fetch them some chow I damned near fainted for all the mess - I KNEW then that I needed help... but I DO like you more then your expertise with the dishes... REALLY. HEY!! I know, bring them hounds quick, THEY can help with the dishes - betcha these folks twon't know the difference.
and yes... bring the Dutch Ovens

do4-1.jpg

I'm trying my hand at fixing up a batch of this for lunch

39612377IMG_4487.jpg

and they drink different beer herebouts too

images4.jpg

but once we get the hang of things here and learn all the things they like we just might make this a paying concern....... and with YOU here I know it will happen... no one can resist *Wanda Woman* - and them hounds of yours.

Wanda, dear lady, to whom I cannot lie... I got to *hog-jawin* with these folks and when I went back into the kitchen to fetch them some chow I damned near fainted for all the mess - I KNEW then that I needed help... but I DO like you more then your expertise with the dishes... REALLY. HEY!! I know, bring them hounds quick, THEY can help with the dishes - betcha these folks twon't know the difference.
and yes... bring the Dutch Ovens

do4-1.jpg

I'm trying my hand at fixing up a batch of this for lunch

39612377IMG_4487.jpg

and they drink different beer herebouts too

images4.jpg

but once we get the hang of things here and learn all the things they like we just might make this a paying concern....... and with YOU here I know it will happen... no one can resist *Wanda Woman* - and them hounds of yours.

I like your thought process. I figured to best accent your establishment I am getting one of these to sleep on the front step. It's been proven to bring a very peeculiar type of patron who tips well.

images

No need to thank me, and don't worry about the logistics I already dropped her off.

I like your thought process. I figured to best accent your establishment I am getting one of these to sleep on the front step. It's been proven to bring a very peeculiar type of patron who tips well.

images

No need to thank me, and don't worry about the logistics I already dropped her off.
thanks........ am sure he/she will get along just fine with O'Henry.. cannot wait until we see how it all works out - iffin he be a she that is...

fixed up a batch of this too

chocolaterolyandcustard.jpg

not sure when it is to be served tho........

Last edited:
thanks........ am sure he/she will get along just fine with O'Henry.. cannot wait until we see how it all works out - iffin he be a she that is...

fixed up a batch of this too

chocolaterolyandcustard.jpg

not sure when it is to be served tho........

No Problem! I always strive to not push responsibilities off on others.;-)

That's why I also hired some of these to pass out fliers.
2011_squad-x600.jpg

DON'T worry about the price, when I asked their agent she simply said "if you have to ask you can't afford this".

Sure there is nothing to worry about.;-)

Especially if we whip up a batch of this.

images

Now dat right chair is a tru patriut.:wink:

betcha it's been a while since ya had these......... me and Wanda Woman can comes up with just about anything ya wants

White-Castle-Hamburgers-AT-HOME.jpg

betcha even our Brit friends will like...... the Aussies too, and that guy from Spain and Finland........... HELL, EVERYONE will like these.

Alrightie, just got back from picking up ole' Henry and Elliott.

This is Henry...

and this little guy is Elliott..... the lady over the hill brought him over to Tankster several months after ole Henry was caught over at her place "visiting" her dog...

Last edited:
Looks like I have some "learnin' " to do here.... my pictures don't want to post for some reason..... :shoothea:

Wait........ I think I may have it........

Last edited:
Alrightie, just got back from picking up ole' Henry and Elliott.

This is Henry...

and this little guy is Elliott..... the lady over the hill brought him over to Tankster several months after ole Henry was caught over at her place "visiting" her dog...

Hell yea!!! I helped raise a whole head of them bottom wuns rite chair!

Black and tans you can't beat em! Every single hound has it's own voice , and when you have a mess of em' treein' a coon at 3 a.m. in the back of some swamy holler it's sounds like uh Sunday Choir.:-D

I think your business savy is without question.

Oh and on the other photo, we don't have such fancy establishments as White Castle round here, but we do have a place that brings new meaning to the phrase "Kystal in my Bentley".

Looks like I have some "learnin' " to do here.... my pictures don't want to post for some reason..... :shoothea:

Wait........ I think I may have it........

HEY Wanda........ yepper you're getting the hang of it... tis a wee bit different but just push the buttons and all will become clear to you.

hey everybody... I am glad to have a friend like Wanda Woman... we is pals

bird_and_mouse.jpg

Back