Folding Knives

View Poll Results :Do you carry a pocketknife?
No, I never have. 2 16.67%
Yes occasionally. 3 25.00%
Every day except on airplanes. 7 58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

June 9th, 2005  
Missileer

Topic: Folding Knives

I have carried a folding knife for the better part of my life and depend heavily on one in business and pleasure. My favorite is Case but I carried a small Hubertus lever lock (auto) for many years. I now carry a Victorinox Tinker model.
June 9th, 2005  
03USMC

Gerber Folder Every day.
June 9th, 2005  
hicks

Opps, I clicked never, but yes, I carry a Gerber everyday to work.
--
Boots
June 9th, 2005  
Joe252

I got tomany knives I have been using my small Swiss army knife. And my bigger sheffield-there really cheap but really reliable knive.
June 10th, 2005  
Jäger

I've got my Bundeswehr-pocketknive with me every day.
June 10th, 2005  
Missileer

I am surprised at how many younger people today, at least in the US, don't carry a knife of any kind. I don't want to kill anyone but there was an event lately of a hiker getting his arm jammed between two boulders and had to amputate his forearm or die. He had a cheapie multi-tool and finally hacked his now dead arm off with a dull blade and walked a mile to his jeep and drove to a Doctor. He saved his own life with a $10.00 knife.
June 10th, 2005  
hicks

I remember that situation.

They interviewed him as well. I can't imagine the amount of pain he went through before he went into shock.
June 11th, 2005  
behemoth79

i also dont carry it to school or in any govt building.
June 11th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

During the summer and breaks I carry one everyday. And I'm some what paraniod so I have my fixed blade under my mattress with the handle jutting out just enough for my hand to get a good grip on it. Never know when a piece of cold steel will come in handy.
September 5th, 2005  
OORAH

amen to that cadet, i keep a straight blade under my pillow to 8) . guess we're just paranoid.

I take a folding Ka-Bar everywhere i go, except for gov't buildings, school and the airport.