Folding Knives

Do you carry a pocketknife?

• No, I never have.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Missileer

I have carried a folding knife for the better part of my life and depend heavily on one in business and pleasure. My favorite is Case but I carried a small Hubertus lever lock (auto) for many years. I now carry a Victorinox Tinker model.

I got tomany knives I have been using my small Swiss army knife. And my bigger sheffield-there really cheap but really reliable knive.

I am surprised at how many younger people today, at least in the US, don't carry a knife of any kind. I don't want to kill anyone but there was an event lately of a hiker getting his arm jammed between two boulders and had to amputate his forearm or die. He had a cheapie multi-tool and finally hacked his now dead arm off with a dull blade and walked a mile to his jeep and drove to a Doctor. He saved his own life with a $10.00 knife.

I remember that situation.

They interviewed him as well. I can't imagine the amount of pain he went through before he went into shock.

During the summer and breaks I carry one everyday. And I'm some what paraniod so I have my fixed blade under my mattress with the handle jutting out just enough for my hand to get a good grip on it. Never know when a piece of cold steel will come in handy.

amen to that cadet, i keep a straight blade under my pillow to 8) . guess we're just paranoid.

I take a folding Ka-Bar everywhere i go, except for gov't buildings, school and the airport.

:rambo:

Could someone tell me why switchblades are against the law to own in the US. And are there other countries with a similar law? I have bought several on Ebay and they list thousands of them. Maybe it's like the assault weapons law, just illogical.

Cadet Chief Robot said:
During the summer and breaks I carry one everyday. And I'm some what paraniod so I have my fixed blade under my mattress with the handle jutting out just enough for my hand to get a good grip on it. Never know when a piece of cold steel will come in handy.

Lol. As do I, only it goes with me more oft than not.

I have many knives but the one I carry everyday without fail is my father's old "gentleman's" pocketknife. It's small, about 3" long folded up. It has mother-of-pearl sides, and is quite sharp still after being around for 60+ years. It was made by a company called Camilus out of New York.

Back