Would you fly on a Fri 13 (or 17) ?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Italian Guy

Milforum Hitman
It would be Fri 13 in the anglosaxon world, but it's Fri 17 in Italy: the worst luck possible.
And I'll be flying home tomorrow.
Would you postpone your flight or you don't care?

fly

never let fear or supestition rule you

now will you excuse me, i have a big game later, so i set my alalrm and woke up at 7:30 on the dot, i have my lucky socks on, i am having bacon and eggs for breakfast. then i will put all my stuff into my bag in a set order, then i will drive to the game, revrse park, not stand on a line, and be hte 3rd person to run onto the field!! :D

Locke said:
fly

never let fear or supestition rule you

now will you excuse me, i have a big game later, so i set my alalrm and woke up at 7:30 on the dot, i have my lucky socks on, i am having bacon and eggs for breakfast. then i will put all my stuff into my bag in a set order, then i will drive to the game, revrse park, not stand on a line, and be hte 3rd person to run onto the field!! :D

:lol: Well you know that's how most people act.

lol

its funny how sports people, especially professional athletes have all these wierd superstitions
(ie justine henin hardenne (?) wont walk on the white lines on the tennis court between sets... okaaaay lol)

I wouldn't let the date bother me. Tell the truth, have you ever known anything bad that happened on a Fri. 13th that doesn't happen on other days just as often?

but if you are flying over the Bermuda Triangle on fri 13 or 17... well then you are just :cen: ed
lol
-kidding-

The reason why friday the 13th is considered bad is because it was Friday the 13th 1307 that the Knights of the Templar were accused of being heratics by the pope, and arrested the inquisitor general of France, William Imbelt, the chaplain to the king. They were tried without counsel, and most confesed to crimes they didn't commit under horrendous torture. They were summarily burnt at the stake. It's not unlucky, well it wasn't to start with, it just changed into that. It was considered to be a day of mourning for a long time.

Just as a background, the Templars were Knights vowed to poverty, who protected pilgrims during the crusades. Yet when they came back the had discovered something mighty interesting the church wanted hushed up, so they appeased them with masses of land and riches, and then killed them off.

Back