Flying car captured on google earth!

FutureDevilDog

flying_car_one.jpg

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/23/flying_car/

:lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/23/flying_car_one.jpg

The Cooler King said:
It's probably just a black car parked next to that white one.

I imagine it is a black car next to the white one. Focus on the space betwen the "shadow" and the object. There should be no sign of shadow or much less of a shadow with that little distance between the two.

Look at the rest of the shadows in the picture.

The trees cast no shadow that is visible.

That means the sun is pretty much straight overhead.

Also this picture appears to have been taken from pretty much directly overhead.

If that was the case you would maybe see a sliver of a shadow and not the whole shadow. Even at several meters above ground.

Remember, the trees cast shadows too yet it their shadows are not visible.

Which means that the proportions of the car and shadow are actually improportionate if this was to be a real flying car.

For the "shadow" to equal the size of the car as seen in the picture then the car would need to be much closer to the light source or the car much closer to the ground than is indicated in this picture.

Edit: By the way. I sent the text of my above observations to the author of that site. Maybe that will help debunk or "bunk" the picture. Pretty cool all in all!!

Last edited:
Marinerhodes said:
I imagine it is a black car next to the white one. Focus on the space betwen the "shadow" and the object. There should be no sign of shadow or much less of a shadow with that little distance between the two.

Look at the rest of the shadows in the picture.

The trees cast no shadow that is visible.

!

If you have google earth installed on your computer you can click this link to go directly to the "flying car".
There are actually a lot of shadows from trees around there, and they're cast in the exact same direction as the "car"
(see attachment)

My guess from comparing the shadows of the other trees and that shadow is that it may be from a sign (or similar) that is as high as a the trees in the areas around??

Attachments

• flyingcar.jpg
    flyingcar.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 7
oh cmon, the poor driver put a black carpet next to his car for picknic, and look what the people are saying about him.. he just wants a peacful time alone 8) lets leave him alone

Back