FLYBOYS: New WWI Air Combat Movie

mmarsh

This is certainly interesting. I dont remember a WWI combat movie since DAWN PATROL. Its based on the Layafette Squadron (An American Squadron in the French Air Force). It stars James Franco (Spiderman) and Jean Reno.
Comes out next month...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0454824/

James Franco was Norman Osborn's son. Norman Osborn was the first Green Goblin. James Franco will play the second Green Goblin in Spider-Man 3.

but I myself want to see the Flyboys.

Looks more like the prequel to Pearl Harbor.

fb2948sv4.jpg

Sevens, Fox, and bigCanada

I am trusting you guys to give as a movie review when you see it. Unfortunatly I have to wait a few more weeks, as films come out later here...

ok, here's the review that i promised.

It was a good movie overall. There was the recurring female character, but it was nothing like Pearl Harbor. She helped to show the effect on the civilian population in France during the war. The combat scenes were really good, and gave a good look at what early air combat was like. A really good movie, I really recommend see it.

the air combat scenes were just superb. really portrayed how frail those byplanes were. you have a really hard time differentiating between the real aircraft and the computer generated ones. the only thing that isn't completely true to history is that the germans are portrayed as flying only the Fokker D.III triplane. other than that, the air combat really got my adernaline pumping, i'm pretty sure it will do the same to you also.

Is it still playing? I am returning to the USA on Wednesday I'd like to see before it closes.

Back