FLYBOYS: New WWI Air Combat Movie

Is this the same movie with African-Americans starring as American pilots with the French air force in WW I ?

Yeah, well, the black man was actually French pilot. But when US joined the war. He joined the US Army, tho.

Sorry to off-topic, either. AJ, can the normal people to pay to get the ride with the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds?
Nope. VIP flights are given only to invited members of the media and other "celebrities" in order to promote the recruiting mission of the services. So, become rich and famous and then ask the Blues or the 'Birds if you can get a ride in exchange for singing their praises. :mrgreen:

i consider this movie definately not to be worth watching for the second time.. too much cliches, no suprises and predictable in so many ways.. it's like the old and overused scenario of boys becoming men, performing some acts of heroism, losing of friends and getting even with the enemy, falling in love, one overcoming a mental obstacle, one last fight against the supervillain and of course the rascal become the hero .. i could go on and on.. and just put it into new enviroment, which in this case was WWI and the Lafayette Escadrille.

about the air figths - bullets slashing the canvas behind the pilots back and nothing happens to the pilot.. the wind seemed quite mild so high up in the sky and the planes so perfectly under control

I've flown in a 42 Stearman bi-plane and the wind and control seemed dead on. The noise is the only thing they didn't quite capture but then it would have not been conducive to movie goers.

It does however follow the very predictable Hollywood formula so yeah it is a bit tedious after the fifth viewing.
:)

i would definitly pick up the dvd. it may have the usual hollywood formula, but it does have historical undertones, and for someone wanting to know more about WWI, it's a good movie, worth watching again.

Back