Flotilla activists seek "blood": Israeli FM (Reuters)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
Reuters - Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman said on Tuesday participants in an aid flotilla planning to challenge an Israeli blockade of the Gaza Strip were seeking "confrontation and blood."

More...

I've read a few articles regarding this "sabatoge". It all seems pretty far fetched.

On another note, ALL of the articles I have read on this "mission of mercy vs. Israeli blockade" have been so severely editorialized that I am finding very few facts to bite on to.

Israel said oficially:
A) We'll take your humanitarian aid to Gaza so you can leave your ships at home
B) Egypt will do it if you don't want to choose Israel
C) The UN will do it if you don't like Egypt either
D) Cross the blockade and you will be shot
And they answered: "We are choosing "D" and it will be a shame if we get shot."

There are no simple answers, but there are lots of stupid answers.

I've read a few articles regarding this "sabatoge". It all seems pretty far fetched..

That the propeller axle is shorn off...?​

On another note, ALL of the articles I have read on this "mission of mercy vs. Israeli blockade" have been so severely editorialized that I am finding very few facts to bite on to.

Israel said oficially:
A) We'll take your humanitarian aid to Gaza so you can leave your ships at home
B) Egypt will do it if you don't want to choose Israel
C) The UN will do it if you don't like Egypt either
D) Cross the blockade and you will be shot
And they answered: "We are choosing "D" and it will be a shame if we get shot."

There are no simple answers, but there are lots of stupid answers.

Here is a simple one: Ref. A-C - why a blockade, then...?​

Israel should let those people pass. They are not dangerous, they are not terrorists, just peaceful activists. By dealing with them as it does, Israel just creates a negative perception of itself in the world. Here in Russia, I know, more people now support the Arabs than Israel. Well, that's a given, Antisemitism has always been rather rampant here. Particularly I know among my people, Cossacks. Some of the 'jokes' I heard about Jews, in my own family, from my father, were quite disturbing. But now even the more liberal, more open-minded people are attending pro-Palestine rallies...

Israel should let those people pass. They are not dangerous, they are not terrorists, just peaceful activists. By dealing with them as it does, Israel just creates a negative perception of itself in the world. Here in Russia, I know, more people now support the Arabs than Israel. Well, that's a given, Antisemitism has always been rather rampant here. Particularly I know among my people, Cossacks. Some of the 'jokes' I heard about Jews, in my own family, from my father, were quite disturbing. But now even the more liberal, more open-minded people are attending pro-Palestine rallies...

The Flotilla is not a question about anti-semittism but about aiding the people in Gaza. There are many jews among the participants.​

Back