FLORIDA COURT ADDRESSES ATHEIST HOLY DAY SUIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I'd say it was exactly what this thread is all about. A typical christian bigot denying someone the right to a fair hearing on religious grounds.

Hardly in line with the teachings of Jesus. Ohhh, sorry, I forgot,... christians only have to abide by the teachings that they personally agree with at the moment. That same judge will probably be on his knees in church on Sunday.
It's no one's fault but the atheists that you all don't have a "holiday" Spike. How is it okay for an atheist to bring a case against Christian holidays JUST BECAUSE atheists don't have holidays? It's a fair hearing because there isn't a matter of interpreting anything, it was simply a matter of an atheist complaining.

It's no one's fault but the atheists that you all don't have a "holiday" Spike. How is it okay for an atheist to bring a case against Christian holidays JUST BECAUSE atheists don't have holidays? It's a fair hearing because there isn't a matter of interpreting anything, it was simply a matter of an atheist complaining.
Christianity and christian values raise their ugly head again.

I agree with the ruling but only insofar as the complainant probably takes the christian holidays as well.
Read the posts Rob...

It seems to me that the athiests are putting down the christians in this thread, not the otherway around. My practice is to try to accept people for who they are. Religious preference does not define a person, and I don't want to be guilty of pigeon-holing someone.

I figure if you want to find the bad in people, that is easy to do to anyone... It is up to each individual what his or her goals are.

Im just disgusted at ALL the Christian/Islamic/Budhist/Hindu etc etc EXTREMISTS that ruin EVERYONES time.

I dont like waking up in the morning and finding out that there has been a mass racist demonstration of Christians in Texas, or a Anti-American Islamic demonstration in Mecca [Though they have a good reason to be upset, but its not good to mix religion with politics].

You can of course, beleive in religion. But if you are going to go parading about that everyone that does not beleive in your religion is inferior and will be sent to hell, that is a problem which hopefully a good mental institution will solve.

Myself, I dont go around telling everyone im a Communist. I have my views, and some people dont agree with it, and i respect that. Apparently, the idiot 'Anti-USA' people in America [Irony..] only care about abusing people that couldnt care less about what Bush/Obama/Mccain has [or is] doing.

Read the posts Rob...
Yet you CONTINUE to argue the point of the atheist in the joke.....

Balkan-MiG said:
Im just disgusted at ALL the Christian/Islamic/Budhist/Hindu etc etc EXTREMISTS that ruin EVERYONES time.

I dont like waking up in the morning and finding out that there has been a mass racist demonstration of Christians in Texas, or a Anti-American Islamic demonstration in Mecca [Though they have a good reason to be upset, but its not good to mix religion with politics].

You can of course, beleive in religion. But if you are going to go parading about that everyone that does not beleive in your religion is inferior and will be sent to hell, that is a problem which hopefully a good mental institution will solve.

Myself, I dont go around telling everyone im a Communist. I have my views, and some people dont agree with it, and i respect that. Apparently, the idiot 'Anti-USA' people in America [Irony..] only care about abusing people that couldnt care less about what Bush/Obama/Mccain has [or is] doing.
You realize, of course, that the people you so hate are NOT the majority of Christians... They give us a very bad name, and it's really not fair to judge all Christians based on the outspoken few... It's like politics... You can't base your opinion on the FEW very outspoken radicals that you see on TV, because they aren't the vast majority...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back