• No

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

phoenix80

Banned
I am gonna watch this movie tonight although I know it is gonna be hard for me to stand seeing those scenes.

:confused:

Yes Im gonna see it...It ticks me off that it took them this long to come up with a movie to commorate the September 11th attacks...quite frankly, I think everyone should be made to watch this movie if anything for the fact that people just forgot about 9/11...It amazes me how we get our patriotism in short bursts...Take 9-11 for example, September 12th, everyone in America bought Old Glory. Now, my house is the only house on our street with a flag up 24/7, unless its raining...Every once in a while we will get someone else to put theirs up but for the most part we are alone...After Katrina, millions of dollars went to the American Red Cross...now that money has trickled down to almost nothing...We have bursts of Nationalism, then we go back to our selfish ruts...People are still recovering from the WTC attacks, people still are without homes in New Orleans and other parts of LA and MI...we should always be patriotic, no matter if a national disaster has just struck, or if the front page news is about a local weatherman. We should always hang that flag. We should always remember....*phew* that was a mouthful...lol

At this time, I will not be seeing it. I may change my mind at a later date, but I would not watch it in the theaters anyway. Too much of a risk of some chucklehead running his mouth and me ending up in the local jail. If I do decide to watch it, it will be on DVD and I will watch it alone.

I don't like some of the ads that are out for the movie, they imply that if you see it, you're actually honoring those that died. With only 10% and not all of the profits going to a "good cause," I find that message to be a little hypocritical.

I've gotten some feedback on the movie from friends, most say it is respectful and does send a powerful message. But, there are those of us that see the smoldering rubble of what used to be the Twin Towers every. single. day. in our minds. We can still smell the stench and hear the cries and sobs. So, from my perspective, it is still too soon. It may very well prove to be a good reality check for some of those that seemed to have forgotten the emotions behind that day that ripped through the country though.

yeah it should be interesting actually. I have seen some things in other sites though that say wrong things about sep11.. But anyway, I might get this movie for dvd :)

I just watched it last night and here is my reaction:

Just got home from watching the United 93 movie tonight.

I am angry very much! I am angry at Islam, this culture of death that has no sense of decency at all, terrorists who massacred innocent people in Sept 11th, incompetent US officials in that very sad day and I am very ANGRY at almost every thing about 9/11.

I can't help it guys; United 93 made me deeply angry first, and then left me depressed and anxious. Sort of speechless, I could say! It did make me sick to my stomach.

Look, this movie is a good documentary about bunch of people who fought back to stay alive, it is also about the confusion created among officials on that day, and it also lets you know that Islamic terrorists do not value the culture of life and humanity doesn't matter to them!

Every shot is a Close-Up! No long shot in this movie. It makes you feel like one of the folks involved in the incident.

I was so angry during the epilogue of the movie as if I was aboard the plane myself.

When passengers attacked that freaking Muslim terrorist and were trying to strangle him, I couldn't control myself. It was like I am also trying to kill him, my jaws were clinching and my fists were in the air and when they failed, I sighed and I got so sad that the person next to me looked at me in shock and despair.

Ah, there was also a European passenger on that plane shown in the movie, who wanted to negotiate with the terrorists and submit to what they want. LOL!

I'll never forget 9/11 and to me, it's like a personal loss!

A very deep sorrow surrounds me every time I watch those scenes of giant planes ramming into those twin towers and it send chills down my spine.

I am absolutely angry tonight!!!!!

Let's roll and bomb the hell out of those freaking terrorists and their supporters wherever they are!

http://thespiritofman.blogspot.com/2006/04/back-from-united-93-i-am-angry.html

I'll not be seeing it. It's about as crass as if someone were standing by the ruins in NYC selling T-shirts with the burning Wold Trade Center on it. This is the ugly side of capitalism.

I am currently watching some documentary on the discovery channel about it. Yes something about flight 93. Flight that fought back or something. Pretty interesting

Last edited:
phoenix80 said:
Ah, there was also a European passenger on that plane shown in the movie, who wanted to negotiate with the terrorists and submit to what they want. LOL!

You are way out of line on the inference and tone of this comment.

I have refrained from posting before now, but... I have to say that I completely echo PJ's comment. Not good!

PJ24 said:
You are way out of line on the inference and tone of this comment.

:lol::lol::lol:

That is how the movie was trying to show. Go complain to the movie producers not me. He had a french accent or may be German and he was shown couple of times trying to convince people to negotiate with the hijackers.

Dont freak out. I didnt make the movie. I say what I saw!

Last edited:
Italian Guy said:
Well hey if that is what really happened then what's wrong with that?

I dont know! The euro guy wanted to negotiate with the hijackers and resisted the idea of retaking the airplane!

I have read many people's comments saying the same thing.

LoL

These guys going angry here aint European though! :x

I see nothing funny about it at all, regardless. My comment stands, I still think you're out of line.

Back