• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Take a gander at the history of Bosnia-Herzegovinia, Kosovo, Rwanda, the Sudan, the Ivory Coast or Isreal-Palestine to see how this whole "I'll Never Forget" crap plays out in a couple generations. Peace is no longer possible in these regions for the very fact they are populated with people who will "never forget" what the other side did.

You really want that?

THINK before you answer.

PJ24 said:
The GWOT (Global War on Terror) includes more than just Iraq.

And Phoenix, it isn't that black and white.

May be, but the radical islam never cease to fight you westerners until you cease to celebrate your values.

It is their point and it is to create a world wide islamic caliphate

Global war on terror has too many fronts, from Phillipines to Iraq and central europe

Im sure the movie will be great. Im going, I dont care if anyone else is. We can discuss it further in the Political Threads but for now the movie will be interesting.

It is a great documentary!

hey, dont bring any thing like popcorn or juice with yourself. You wont be able to eat them. :D because it is so intense

C/1Lt Henderson said:
But we stayed in Iraq...We havent gone into any other fronts of which you speak...The GWOT is supposed to be a many-front war, so why havent we attacked any others?

<sigh> You know, if you actually stopped and listened to what people that are informed tell you once in awhile, you might learn something. This will be the third time I have said this to you.

We have been engaged in the GWOT since 11 Sept. 2001. Our first operation in the GWOT? Operation Enduring Freedom, no, it wasn't in Iraq, it was in Afghanistan.

Maybe I'm just starting to lose my patience with know it all kids lately, but it's sort of annoying when you won't even bother to inform yourself, esp when someone gives you the information to do so.

Afghanistan and Iraq are still only TWO fronts in the GWOT, Philippines, South America, Africa also fall under the GWOT.

My mistake!

I don't know if ''Never Forget" has been paraphrased somewhere the wrong
way . All I am saying is I will not forget what I was doing, and where I was on
that day. I am not saying I wan't to go destroy someone because of it.

As far as some Middle East Countries are concerned they have been in conflict
since shortly after the beginning of time. and will be when the end comes!

So I speaking for myself can forgive the ones that brought 9-11 to be. And I
think forgive is the keyword here!

Last edited:
PJ24 said:
<sigh> You know, if you actually stopped and listened to what people that are informed tell you once in awhile, you might learn something. This will be the third time I have said this to you.

We have been engaged in the GWOT since 11 Sept. 2001. Our first operation in the GWOT? Operation Enduring Freedom, no, it wasn't in Iraq, it was in Afghanistan.

Maybe I'm just starting to lose my patience with know it all kids lately, but it's sort of annoying when you won't even bother to inform yourself, esp when someone gives you the information to do so.

Afghanistan and Iraq are still only TWO fronts in the GWOT, Philippines, South America, Africa also fall under the GWOT.

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years"
-Mark Twain
:thumb:

PJ24 said:

true!

moreover promoting freedom is another aspect of fighting terrorism and radicalism

Italian Guy said:
This kind of movie will always raise the doubt "Is this for profit or is it just a noble principle?". Thank God consumism and profit are not seen as the devil anymore and of course people make movies to make some money in the end. But if they affirm a noble and strong principle we should not be scared of that. We are beyond that.
I'm much more willing to give a couple of bucks to the director of Flight 93 than to some Michael Moore or Oliver Stone and their stupid lie-mentaries.

See, I can identify with that sentiment. When a big-time, big-name director with a known history of disinformation like Moore comes out with a tribute to that kind of stuff, you gotta raise doubts. From the impression I've got from reviews on f-9/11, it lambasted the government's work in GWOT. I have yet to see flight 93, but will probably rent it. I'm glad to see that 10% of the proceeds are going to charity.

The sad part about the modern world is that we can no longer form a solid, well researched history, novel, or film that objectifies the best and worst attributes of humankind without having to look for ulterior motives. You have to say what you mean, and stand by it 24/7. It's the principle I abide by, and I hope that's what the director of this film does. A man who can do that and nothing more has my respect.

I saw this movie. It was very powerful, if you have a soft stomach don't see it. I watched the movie I was ethier angry or scared the whole time.

I liked that the movie they didn't use names for the people on the plane often so as to make it more of a "group effort". The terrorists were not made out to be human beings (as some liberals hoped). I saw them as wild animials and it made my really angry when they yelled "allah akbar" over and over again. It really made my happy to see them beating the living **** out of those terrorists. When the plane is like a inch from the ground the movie ends. At the end I was crying because I had to relive 9/11 all over again.

Now 5 years after that horrible day I sit in front of my computer drinking pepsi and remembering the courage those brave Americans showed the nation that day. I look forward to meeting them under the protection of God's pure light and spending my after life with these fine people.
:salute2:

Until then I guess I will go join the US Army and get sent to ME and send terrorists to hell while I wait.
:firedevi:

I'm not going to watch it because I know the outcome and I know it'll be filled with patriotic corny Hollywood dung, which I can't relate to.

Last edited:
Or he will, I think the lady doth protest too much and has not the courage of his convictions but rather thrives on being a :cen: stirrer.

The Cooler King said:
Mohmar, I know that deep, deep, deep down in your heart that you have a soft spot for America. :wink:
Doesn't everybody? :) I just don't like their policies and can't relate to patriotism, no matter country it's from. I do like some patriotic stuff like an image of a waving flag with dramatic music being played, but not what it's meant to represent.

On the movie: I mean, sure, it's a good and courageous thing when you try to overpower people who you're pretty sure would crash the plane into something. But I don't see how it's specifically American greatness.
bulldogg said:
Or he will, I think the lady doth protest too much and has not the courage of his convictions but rather thrives on being a :cen: stirrer.
Huh? BTW, do you block PMs?

Last edited:
Back