• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This kind of movie will always raise the doubt "Is this for profit or is it just a noble principle?". Thank God consumism and profit are not seen as the devil anymore and of course people make movies to make some money in the end. But if they affirm a noble and strong principle we should not be scared of that. We are beyond that.
I'm much more willing to give a couple of bucks to the director of Flight 93 than to some Michael Moore or Oliver Stone and their stupid lie-mentaries.

I am going to try to see the movie since I am doing a project on terrorist attacks and the USA PATRIOT Act and I am having a court martial using it.

Something all of you are missing is that the phones on the plane were all operational and almost everyone had cell phones.

There was a long period of personal conversations that were taped and used as reference.

The passengers, through their relatives and others were told about the other three flights being hijacked exactly as theirs had. Since all others had ended in suicide missions, it didn't take a genius to realize that this plane was also a suicide mission.

There were open lines to the ground until all communications went dead at impact. The people on board were describing to their relatives, airports, and even a cell phone company every move that was being made and their plans.

Remember, this flight is the only one that had time enough to talk to loved ones and authorities and also the only flight to know about the other three flights' outcome.

Exactly what part of "well documented" is not understood?

Last edited:
C/1Lt Henderson said:
PROFIT IS NOT THE ONLY GOAL OF THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said it before. And i will say it as long as it takes to get into your skull. The main goal of this movie is to remind people of the September 11th attacks. it is to honor and remember those who had the courage to fight back. By the way, RV is beating it because RV has a famous movie star in it. If Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise and crew were in it, i would bet money that that movie would skyrocket to maybe 20-25 mil. its all about popularity. Come back to me when you realize that we do need to remember. Just like i said and just like 5.56 said.

At the end of the day, it's all about the money. Does anyone think the movie would have been made with no hope of generating a profit? I don't see any actors, writers, or technicians working free of charge. A generation ago the US government would have enlisted the efforts of John Huston, Capra or someone of thier capability to tell America's story. If anyone needs this mass media tickler to help them remember, they have a short memory.

Everytime a murderer is executed, there are book offers and movie rights sold. Take "Dead Man Walking," as just one of many, I'm sure Susan Sarandon or Sean Penn didn't work for free. Anything, especially a tragedy will sell and that's the "car wreck" instinct in us. I will watch it because of all the info held back to protect the families of the victims. No one knew the full facts of the horror of the trade center coming down until the Moussaoui trial and the film footage and stories from survivors were shown in court.

I never want to forget, same as the horrors of death camps in WWII. I want these people plastered all over the news and movies for the next 100 years. Already, there are people who don't remember or believe the holocaust ever happened. We need our eyes and ears to wittness what happened to our own people on our own soil and how easily it can happen again.

If it takes money grubbers to nudge our collective consciences, then let them make a few bucks.

You want to overcome US apathy? A movie ain't gonna do it. What will do it? More planes. More buildings. If it doesn't have a negative impact on their trite little lives, the average citizen won't be moved by anything less than a bombshell.

And you dont think a movie that made more than one person cry after seeing it is not moving...you must be a stolid to the extreme...
like missileer said. I want them to be publicly announced. I want a list of peoples names in every history book in america.I want these men and women who were guilty of no crimes to be remembered. if hollywood can do that, then i dont giva a rats donkey aboutthe money. I realize that money is a goal but does anyone think that hollywood and the people associated with this movie didnt think about the people who died or fought back? DO you think they didnt want people to remember that this did happen, even though,in the words of Alan Jackson's " Where Were You?" people closed their eyes and pretend it never happened? NO. They want America to remember that it did happen. Call me a realist, but it did. thats the hard fact.

Last edited:
Hmmm, i really don't think i'l watch this film. If this film is in anyway overly patriotic i'm afraid il just laugh at it. I'l never laugh at the victims of 9/11 and i'l always have my deepest sympathies for those poor souls.

I don't need another patriotic film rammed down my throat, patriotism is too close to fanatiscm for my liking. I look at the war on terror and am always reminded of 9/11, i look at images of the towers and i'm always reminded of 9/11. These are enough for me to remember that terrible day forever.

I hope that film offers an un biased view on the event, does anyone know if they go into the reasons why the terrorists did what they did out of curiosity?

Otherwise my heart goes out to all those innocents that died on 9/11 and those dying in the war on terror.

Henderson you sound like the CCP with their "Don't forget what the colonial powers did to us" and "Never forget the atrocities committed by Japan." There is a point at which you stop picking the scab and let the wound heal.

The enemy we face today is NOT the same as in 2001. They have evolved and we had better do it as well or they will continue to taunt us as our LE agencies and intel agencies keep pissing on each other in turf battles rather than working together to actually protect people.

bulldogg said:
Henderson you sound like the CCP with their "Don't forget what the colonial powers did to us" and "Never forget the atrocities committed by Japan." There is a point at which you stop picking the scab and let the wound heal.

The enemy we face today is NOT the same as in 2001. They have evolved and we had better do it as well or they will continue to taunt us as our LE agencies and intel agencies keep pissing on each other in turf battles rather than working together to actually protect people.

That is the very same enemy.

It has changed and evolved. The name is the same but the methods, organisation and tactics have evolved. Don't believe me ask the guys who are there in the fight or read the Rand document I posted up in Gladius's opus.

bulldogg said:
It has changed and evolved. The name is the same but the methods, organisation and tactics have evolved. Don't believe me ask the guys who are there in the fight or read the Rand document I posted up in Gladius's opus.

The mindset of the western civilization enemies remains the same, their tactics and their battle field might have been changed over the time but their mindset is the same and their goal is still the same.

their mindset: Western civilization is corrupt
their goal: Destruction of any thing western

C/1Lt Henderson said:
See, I think many Americans have forgotten that the war in iraq IS the war on terror

The GWOT (Global War on Terror) includes more than just Iraq.

And Phoenix, it isn't that black and white.

For this movie, i don't know what to believe. Its pity that all those passengers died and RIP them all. But still i don't know what to believe and what not?

King said:
For this movie, i don't know what to believe. Its pity that all those passengers died and RIP them all. But still i don't know what to believe and what not?

King, if you are going to throw links into your posts, you might want to annotate them as NSFW, Not Safe For Work. Lunch time surfers could end up in a world of hurt if someone found those pixs on thier screen.

G Connor said:
King, if you are going to throw links into your posts, you might want to annotate them as NSFW, Not Safe For Work. Lunch time surfers could end up in a world of hurt if someone found those pixs on thier screen.
U mean my sig?lol, i can annotate it as NSFW. But if u mean the links to the documentary about Flight 93, than i am not gonna post it

Bulldogg, I realize that they have evolved, but its the same people. Their tactics might be different but we are fighting the same people, same place. Besides, the war on terror DID evolve into the war in iraq. did it not? i dont remember congress declaring a second war....

C/1Lt Henderson said:
Bulldogg, I realize that they have evolved, but its the same people. Their tactics might be different but we are fighting the same people, same place. Besides, the war on terror DID evolve into the war in iraq. did it not? i dont remember congress declaring a second war....

Let me try again. No. The. War. On. Terror. Did. Not. Evolve. Into. The. War. In. Iraq.

Iraq is simply ONE part of the Global War on Terror (again, GWOT). There are many fronts in the War on Terror.

Okay, I wrote it slower this time and kept my tongue in the corner of my mouth, this should work.

But we stayed in Iraq...We havent gone into any other fronts of which you speak...The GWOT is supposed to be a many-front war, so why havent we attacked any others?
off topic anyway. Im sure the movie will be great. Im going, I dont care if anyone else is. We can discuss it further in the Political Threads but for now the movie will be interesting.

" Never Forget"

I will watch it at some point! I have watched some documentaries on the
attacks also. Anyone can tell you what they were doing when the Attacks
happened;however It seems many have let it slip out of mind!

This I can tell you I will "Never Forget"

Back