• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I watched a TV version of the movie this weekend but I'm sure the big screen version will have better research. 93 was the only one of the doomed flights that enough conversations went on with the ground to give pretty good details. I don't know if anyone has seen this version but at the end, the scene was of the hole the 757 left in the earth and the seasons changed with snow and grass ultimately covering the area. Very sad ending.

Beat your sweet ass I'm going to see it. I'm also dragging all of my friends to see it to. I think that the American people need a swift kick in the ass and a wake up call and hopefully this movie will do it.

AMERICA IS AT WAR

People need to remember that.

AMERICA WAS ATTACKED

IT US OR THEM

5.56X45mm said:
Beat your sweet ass I'm going to see it. I'm also dragging all of my friends to see it to. I think that the American people need a swift kick in the ass and a wake up call and hopefully this movie will do it.
Great. Find another way of reminding them then. Place ads on prime time TV that show the WTC collapsing and the Pentagon burning. I don't think a movie (that has pulled in 11 million bucks so far) is the way to do it. Seems like most of the US agrees with me:

1. RV $16.4M
2. United 93 $11.6M
3. Stick It $11.2M
4. Silent Hill $9.3M
Although I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that a stupid comedy by Robin Williams is beating it...

PROFIT IS NOT THE ONLY GOAL OF THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said it before. And i will say it as long as it takes to get into your skull. The main goal of this movie is to remind people of the September 11th attacks. it is to honor and remember those who had the courage to fight back. By the way, RV is beating it because RV has a famous movie star in it. If Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise and crew were in it, i would bet money that that movie would skyrocket to maybe 20-25 mil. its all about popularity. Come back to me when you realize that we do need to remember. Just like i said and just like 5.56 said.

I have a question for all who have seen the movie.

Did it portray everyone on the flight as heros?

I must go to my lifeguarding class, I will explain where I am coming from later

Doody, if the screen version is anywhere near the TV version, there were no particular heroes. I would describe the men as bewildered which turned to mad when the people they contacted on the ground told them about the other suicide strikes. It dawned on everyone that they were dead either way they went so the plan was hatched and voted on to storm the cockpit. Rage took the plane back only to have it crashed by the murderers. There was a point where one of the passengers was telling his Wife goodbye and told her that they were waiting until they could see an area that was sparsely populated which is exactly what happened.

Henderson said:
It amazes me how we get our patriotism in short bursts...
Is not just yours and yes it comes in small doses only. That is probably why I am so reluctant to this concept. Yes, I love my country but no, I don not herald it all the time everywhere. I see these flurries as short wildfires during which people make rash decisions... which can carry big consequences.

No, I am not going to see it. It might be a intenses movie with the right purpose, but it just isn't my cup of tea! Yes, it makes me mad this whole ordeal and I'll deal with it in my own fashion in my own time. And finally if the producer did put in an European person as the only one bargaining for his life.... Well I feel about as welcome as a Mudjahedin squad led by Bin Laden in Washington DC. This guys warmongering makes me think that after "them" we are next!

I am actually not sure..... Honest to God, I wouldn't know! But my first thought wouldn't be that they were going to kill all of them regardless. Hijacks aren't new and it's an unwritten rule that you don't kill all the hostages anyway.
As soon as it strikes me that my life is forfeit anyway.... yes I do think I would attack. Fighting is my long hobby and passion and I reckon I have a fair chance if he doesn't blow me away first...

But if you are the only one then why would you? The hijackers will just overpower you by manpower....Now with this European man, the entire flight was willing to rebel, but if you were the only one and everyone else wanted to bargan, would you really attack?

but if you were the only one and everyone else wanted to bargan, would you really attack?

If you know your going to die either way, mines well go down with a fight. But if theres a chance to get out of that situation alive then yeh negotiate. No point in wasting lives just to be a "cowboy"

PJ24 said:
I see nothing funny about it at all, regardless. My comment stands, I still think you're out of line.

Write to Universal Studios. I am a simple movie goer

Doody said:
I have a question for all who have seen the movie.

Did it portray everyone on the flight as heros?

I must go to my lifeguarding class, I will explain where I am coming from later

Nope. Not really! It wasnt about heroism or any thing like that.

The story was about how a few :cen: :cen: terrorists who determined the lives of 40+ innocent people from different walks of life.

Last edited:
I am suspect about this movie.

Two things draw my suspicions.

One, this movie comes at a time when polls show support for our military action at a low. Americans traditionally do not have the stomach for sustained military campaigns. We like to go in kick ass, take names and get home in time for dinner. During the Civil War it waned in 1863. At that time Lincoln came up with the Emancipation Proclamation to give the fight a renewed moral impetus and also Thanksgiving Day as a national holiday to try and pull people's heads out of the dumps.

This film would fall in the same catagory as an emotional dramatic vehicle by which the "reasons" for the the fight are once again thrust in the public's face. People will leave the theatre fired up and pissed off. Enlistments will spike. Support will rise.

Two, no one lived from this flight so any portrayals of action on board are likely to be suspect and prone to artistic license. I view the representation of the alleged actions of one passenger to try and reason with the hijackers as morally repugnant and a low blow against the memories of the deceased.

I won't even buy the $1 pirated copy of the DVD already for sale here.

bulldogg said:
Two, no one lived from this flight so any portrayals of action on board are likely to be suspect and prone to artistic license. I view the representation of the alleged actions of one passenger to try and reason with the hijackers as morally repugnant and a low blow against the memories of the deceased.

agreed. I hear that it is being portrayed as a documentary. The only real facts are a plane was hijacked, a phone call was made saying some some passengers were trying to take back the plane, a guy said "lets roll," and the plane crashed. Like Bulldogg, I am weary of much that is shown in the film because we have NO IDEA what went on during the hijacking.

I am in the middle of finals, so I must depart

Doody

It just one of these things you don't know how you'll react to it. I've been in car crashes and all kinds of other accidents (being horribly accident prone) and I was surprised how people react when the chips are down. No one can say how they'll react. Some turn out to be cowards and some are not, but you can never say in advance.

Like most movies it is an artistic impression and should be treated as such. It will become scary when this is the basis of a new upgraded foreign policy by the administration...

and hey, the people attacked because I guess they realized that there is no bomb or anything.. And nothing really that dangerous with the terrorists. The terrorits had a hatchet.. so here, some of the passengers might have died before the crash..

The recording was not played, but I wonder if it has been analyzed and agreed upon.

bulldogg said:
I am suspect about this movie.

Two things draw my suspicions.

One, this movie comes at a time when polls show support for our military action at a low. Americans traditionally do not have the stomach for sustained military campaigns. We like to go in kick ass, take names and get home in time for dinner. During the Civil War it waned in 1863. At that time Lincoln came up with the Emancipation Proclamation to give the fight a renewed moral impetus and also Thanksgiving Day as a national holiday to try and pull people's heads out of the dumps.

This film would fall in the same catagory as an emotional dramatic vehicle by which the "reasons" for the the fight are once again thrust in the public's face. People will leave the theatre fired up and pissed off. Enlistments will spike. Support will rise.

I won't even buy the $1 pirated copy of the DVD already for sale here.

Well, the Emacipation Proclamation was just to end the war. If keeping slavery had preserved the Union, he would have kept it. All Lincoln cared about was getting the secceded states to join the Union. If slavery was needed, then he would have just as gladly left it out of his speeches....

I get the wole idea about support for the war, but dont you think America does kind of need a wake up call? We did forget about 9-11. Im sure 93 has a goal of profit and war support, but we are forgetting how long it takes to make a movie...This was probably put into production before support started to really fall.

Back