Flame thrower Effective?

Effective or no?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ONERING

I've seen that in WWII we used the Flame thrower, and then it was stopped used because of it considered inhumane, but its war, who cares about inhumane, as long as it gets the job done. Its how war is ment to be. Anyways do you think the flame thrower would get the work done?

It works really well, but too dangerous to use in my opinion.

One bullet in the back, and it's over. Along with those immediately around the person using it.

effective-yes, very i would guess, clearing out buildings and bunkers etc

Ethical?

Sure the flamethrower is effective, still I'd hate to be the one who gets to use it for two things mainly, firstly they're damned heavy and second thing, blasting away with a flamethrower makes you the number one target for any enemy soldiers nearby.

ONERING said:
I've seen that in WWII we used the Flame thrower, and then it was stopped used because of it considered inhumane, but its war, who cares about inhumane, as long as it gets the job done. Its how war is ment to be. Anyways do you think the flame thrower would get the work done?

They were used in Vietnam (M9A1-7) to get after those pesky VC in their tunnels and against any flammable building. They Have since been replaced by the M202A1 Incendiary Rocket launcher A.K.A. "Flash".
http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/infantry/flame/M202.html

also fire uses up oxygen, like the oxygen that the guy shooting the flamethrower is breathing, that was a problem i remember learning about from Mail Call 8)

rotc boy said:
also fire uses up oxygen, like the oxygen that the guy shooting the flamethrower is breathing, that was a problem i remember learning about from Mail Call 8)

I didnt know that was a problem. Hmmm. I guess you do learn something new everyday.

To those that have used this apparatus in combat, besides the dangers, what was the upside to it? Would you have chucked it if given the opportunity?

This is a little off subject but dont they have newer stuff like the fuel air grenades and stuff i read a little about the russians using them in chechniya. why pack a flame thrower when I got a rpg round that will do even more firey damage.

Well i do know the russians has these rocket launchers with T-72 chassis's that fire huge rockets that turn entire buildings into inferno. They worked well in grozny.

Now days we have a large range of weapons for removing bunkers and other things flame throwers are designed to encounter.

Very effective. Inhumane....Well, no more than napalm, frag granades or alot of other stuff used on the battle field. War is hell...

SHERMAN said:
Very effective. Inhumane....Well, no more than napalm, frag granades or alot of other stuff used on the battle field. War is h**l...

Yep, the enemy doesn't get sleepytime nappies - they get killed. Unless you can get armies to use blowguns with lethal injection darts, it's always gonna hurt. The flamethrower was effective in its day. There's just better stuff to accomplish its task now.

Back