Flags Of our Fathers

fronzz

Who thinks that this will be one of the best war movies? Falling in line with Windtalkers, Band Of Brothers, and Saving Private Ryan. IF anyone sees this movie plz give us all here a review! I may see it...stay tuned...

I saw it in the movie theaters this past weekend. I'd recommend it, however it is like a documentary about how Marines treated as heroes and then as nobodys after the war. It's also about the true story of that famous picture of flag raisers in Iwo Jima. sort of depressing too. It's shameful how those marines were treated after the war and it must be a lesson for future generations to respect war heroes.

Last edited:
I agree with phoenix. But it is an awesome movie. I think everyone should see it. As my sister said, this movie is a good lesson on the shameful way our veterans have been treated in the past. It really makes you (or us at least) want to treat them with a lot more respect. Its nice to see that the heroes of Iwo Jima are finally getting the respect they are long overdue. Its just too bad it took us this long...

by them she meant Marines TI ;)

i wanna see the other film he made which is Iwo Jima from the Japanese perspective

I saw Flags last weekend. It is a wonderful movie. I definately recomend seeing it. When I went to the theater to see it, a retired Marine I know was there too, so I sat with him. We talked about it afterwards and he loved it. This is a guy that is really critical about how Marines are portrayed in the movies (because he is one). I've never wanted to be what civilians call a hero, and after watching Flags I know I dont want to be. It really shows what the flag raisers went through when they got back.

I understand, but Sevens likes to pick on me.

That's because you're fun to pick on. You don't get upset (usually) like some people, and you give as good as you get. :thumb:

But, if you really want me to quit, consider it done, Sir. :salute2:

Who thinks that this will be one of the best war movies? Falling in line with Windtalkers, Band Of Brothers, and Saving Private Ryan. IF anyone sees this movie plz give us all here a review! I may see it...stay tuned...

You actually liked wind talkers? I thought was the crappiest war movie I've seen since "Behind enemy lines".

I saw this movie yesterday and thought it was great, the beach landings were awsome, much better than Saving private Ryan and agree, what a S***y way to treat them after the war.
One thing I'm curious is when the guy falls overboard and someone makes the comment that they (the amada) wouldn't stop to pick him up, would that actually have happened. I understand that it was an important battle and that speed would have been of the essence but there were a lot of ships there (or at least that was the impression the movie gave).

Flags of Our Fathers is out :cen: standing. I went and saw it with a friend who was a former Marine. He said the movie was dead on. Who ever said there was a liberal bias to the movie is looking way too deep into the movie. Parading those guys around declaring them heros is exactly what happened. FYI, if I were paraded like that, I would have been

My favorite part was at the end when there was a slide show of real photographs from the battle and the "dog and ponie show." And its no surprise that the Clint made those photos into scenes in the movie. I cannot wait for the movie depecting the Japanese side of the story to come out. I remember reading some critic complain about not seeing much of the Japanese in the movie. All I could think about was "you idiot, you'll get you fill of Japanese soldiers in the next film (Letters from our Fathers I think)."

FYI, if I were paraded around like that, I would be as drunk as the Native American

I saw it two nights ago. I went with great expectations and came out of the cinema a little - only a little - disappointed.

The movie is definately good. It had some moving scenes that make you admire the real people the film is based on and there were some fantastic special effects, but it's not up there with Saving Private Ryan or the series 'Band of Brothers.' It's probably along side, or a little better, than 'Pearl Harbour.' Some of the acting was corny and I don't know about others but the editing - the jumping back and forth in the story telling, was done in a way that was distracting rather than informative / entertaining.

I'd give it 7 / 10, but wont be buying the DVD.

this movie was good but i gotta agree with padre! i didnt like the jumping back and forth, got me confused kinda.. and names got confusing cuz of this.. but the battle scenes were coooooool =D the explosions and shelling was awesome stuff! and shows the dark side of war.. (head explosion and guts everywhere)

Back