Flags Of our Fathers

--

October 23rd, 2006  
fronzz

Topic: Flags Of our Fathers

Who thinks that this will be one of the best war movies? Falling in line with Windtalkers, Band Of Brothers, and Saving Private Ryan. IF anyone sees this movie plz give us all here a review! I may see it...stay tuned...
October 23rd, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Dude...I HAVE to see this movie...The previews looked AWESOME. I'll let cha know if (and when) I go see it.
October 24th, 2006  
phoenix80

I saw it in the movie theaters this past weekend. I'd recommend it, however it is like a documentary about how Marines treated as heroes and then as nobodys after the war. It's also about the true story of that famous picture of flag raisers in Iwo Jima. sort of depressing too. It's shameful how those marines were treated after the war and it must be a lesson for future generations to respect war heroes.
--
October 24th, 2006  
Fox

I MUST to see, "Flags of our Fathers"!
October 24th, 2006  
Sevens

I agree with phoenix. But it is an awesome movie. I think everyone should see it. As my sister said, this movie is a good lesson on the shameful way our veterans have been treated in the past. It really makes you (or us at least) want to treat them with a lot more respect. Its nice to see that the heroes of Iwo Jima are finally getting the respect they are long overdue. Its just too bad it took us this long...
October 24th, 2006  
Team Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevens
It really makes you (or us at least) want to treat them with a lot more respect.
so quit picking on me...
October 25th, 2006  
rotc boy

by them she meant Marines TI

i wanna see the other film he made which is Iwo Jima from the Japanese perspective
October 25th, 2006  
istealfreefood

I saw Flags last weekend. It is a wonderful movie. I definately recomend seeing it. When I went to the theater to see it, a retired Marine I know was there too, so I sat with him. We talked about it afterwards and he loved it. This is a guy that is really critical about how Marines are portrayed in the movies (because he is one). I've never wanted to be what civilians call a hero, and after watching Flags I know I dont want to be. It really shows what the flag raisers went through when they got back.
October 25th, 2006  
Team Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotc boy
by them she meant Marines TI

i wanna see the other film he made which is Iwo Jima from the Japanese perspective
I understand, but Sevens likes to pick on me.
October 25th, 2006  
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Infidel
I understand, but Sevens likes to pick on me.
That's because you're in Army. Just kidding, man. Have you seen "Flags of our Fathers", TI?