Flag Quotes

Duty Honor Country

"I long to be in the Field again, doing my part to keep the old flag up, with all its stars." ~GEN Joshua Chamberlain

“There is no Mistake....It has come at last, the supreme hour. No thought of human wants and weakness now: all for the front: all for the flag, for the final stroke to make its meaning real. We seem the possession of a dream. We are lost in a vision of human tragedy. War is not a game where there is everything to win and nothing to lose. Those who appeal to the law of force should not complain if its decision is final.” ~GOV Joshua Chamberlain

“We take the stars from heaven, the red from our mother country, separating it by white stripes, thus showing that we have separated from her, and the white stripes shall go down to posterity, representing our liberty.” ~George Washington

"If any man haul down the American flag, shoot him on the spot." ~ Major General John A. Dix. 1861

"I see that the old flagpole still stands. Have our troops hoist the colors to its peak, and let no enemy ever haul them down." ~ General Douglas MacArthur.

"We have room in this country for but one flag, the Stars and Stripes.... We have room for but one loyalty, loyalty to the United States" ~ Theodore Roosevelt.

Last edited:
Back