Flag-folding Recitations for Vets Banned Because of Religious Content

Oh, that would be nice wouldn't it? *Smiles brightly.*

No, seriously, I just want to be respected as a Christian and not have every law changed purely on the basis that it offends one person. Heaven forbid America "offends" someone.

I don't see why all of a sudden we have to change things and make Christian's into the bad guys, when it's the history of this nation is of a Christian faith. A history of a Christian nation that allows others to practice what they believe in. Pray away or don't - it's your choice, just don't take mine away from me because a three letter word scares you.

"Political correctness means always having to say you're sorry."

Are you not allowed to go to Church?
Are you not allowed to start your own Religion at will if you wish?
Has the Federal Government said that there will be no more Proselytizing?

What has the Federal Government taken away Religiously that was Federal Law before?

VA continues to erode honor's/rights/benefits/privileges .....

Sadly, I'm going to have to place you on Ignore Chief, as I already have gotten one Infraction in this Thread for being disrespectful to you, but, I'll add that I was posting about the Right you seem to view you have that the Government say the Incantation while Folding the Flag, which is what has changed, and not putting you in the Ground there, which was not the issue at hand.

Whether Gator reads this post or not .......

I don't give two hoots whether a person does or doesn't want to have the "Flag-folding Recitations for Vets" read over their grave or not (I am NOT of the Christian faith or the Jewish faith).

My disagreement is/was/will continue to be ...
A Veteran's Administration that continues to erode the honor's/rights/benefits/privileges that so many American's (and 'legalized Americans' who served in our military), paid the final price for.
Political Correctness or not, this sucks.

The choice of graveside services should be left to the family (and service member through written intent), instead of being dictated by a government agency.
[Nothing way out in left field (extreme) ... but, low key, solemn ... but ... common sense ... open for interpretation of course].

The VA should re-consider their 'edict' and re-instate the "Flag-folding Recitations for Vets" option for graveside servicesl.

My problem with Gator was/is his rudeness and demeaning comments to those who disagreed with him. I will NOT miss his opinions in response to posts where he disagrees with what I post.
Rudeness, demeaning statements and insults are not something I enjoy dealing with ... all they do, is to invite retaliation (something I have gotten in trouble for in the past)..

Back