Fix a joke

--

December 24th, 2003  
Anonymous

Topic: Fix a joke

On the time joke on page one, You have the army and the marines switched... it is only obvious that marines are dumb and Army is a bunch of drunks
see ya

Cain The Forsaken
December 24th, 2003  
diplomatic_means

Would people like to explain to me why the Marines get labeled as the stupid ones when the Army is the only branch to my knowledge that accepts high school dropouts?
December 24th, 2003  
Tessa

Sorry, But I agree with diplomatic..
--
December 24th, 2003  
Redneck

It's been proven too many times to list here. Just the fact that anyone would want to join the Marines kind of hints at their lack of intelligence.
December 25th, 2003  
diplomatic_means

Or maybe its the other way around. The fact they would want to join the Army means they're prolly too stupid to get in the marines and too much of a wuss to do any serious fighting. Nothing against our army men but I've heard people bag the Marines, but using your reasoning Redneck that would make the Green Berets the most unintelligent people in the world and that is definitely not true. Thoughts?
January 23rd, 2004  
FutureRANGER

The Army doesn't accept High school dropouts. just asked a recruiter, he said no.
January 23rd, 2004  
Jarhead0321

Why does everyone Pick on the Marines?

First of all Marines is ALWAYS capitalized when used. Now to the IQ of Marines well first of all as I recall the Marines are the only service not having problems meeting recruiting quotas which means that we as a service can pick and choose who we will allow into the Corps.

The Army allows coed training what moron decided that would be good to develop a fighting force now you introduce all kinds of troubles to teenage kids with raging hormones while in bootcamp. The Marines on the other hand have no of those problems in bootcamp.

How much history and traditions are you taught in bootcamp in the army??
The Marine Corps gives a min of 240 hours and then your tested on it ever ask a Marine about the history of the Corps? They can probably rattle of more history then you could ever possible imagine. Why is the Army infantry in general can not function as a small unit with out an officer around when you have E-2's and E-3's in the Marines leading fireteams in battle why is it that a low ranking Marine can assume the duties of any member of a platoon in combat and that is unheard of in the army?

I am not trying to knock the Army I just think that people need to step back and realize what the Marine Corps is all about, before they decide that we are not as smart as they think.
January 23rd, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Quote:
The Army allows coed training what moron decided that would be good to develop a fighting force now you introduce all kinds of troubles to teenage kids with raging hormones while in bootcamp. The Marines on the other hand have no of those problems in bootcamp.
I agree with you there. I don't have anything against the Marines (I'm an Army boy. Well not yet, but I will be as soon as I graduate from high school). The tensions that exist between services are all in the spirit of fun I think. At heart we all know we belong to same military and fight for the same freedoms. Same thing with sport rivalries.
January 23rd, 2004  
Redneck

Nobody I've met really takes any of this stuff personally, like the Navy's being a little fruity and the Air Force being messy and undisciplined (just kidding, my Dad and one Grandfather were Air Force and the other was Navy), it's all pretty light hearted from what I've seen. Just like real hooah guys make fun of "chairborne rangers," nobody takes it seriously. Anybody with half a brain realizes we need every part of the military to function together to accomplish anything.

And I think the deal with everyone picking on the Marines is because you all are pretty full of yourselves and that makes it more fun.
January 23rd, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: i think

as isaid before,this dispute between the branches is stupid.
even wors, since the israeli army is in contact with the USA,these stupid arguments are now being made by the israeli GIs Sailors and Airmen,and even their Generals.And the israeli navy is a part of the army....so is the airforce. what is your problem with each other...all of the US branches are exellent.