Fix a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

On the time joke on page one, You have the army and the marines switched... it is only obvious that marines are dumb and Army is a bunch of drunks
see ya
:2guns:
Cain The Forsaken

Would people like to explain to me why the Marines get labeled as the stupid ones when the Army is the only branch to my knowledge that accepts high school dropouts?

It's been proven too many times to list here. Just the fact that anyone would want to join the Marines kind of hints at their lack of intelligence.
:wink:

Or maybe its the other way around. The fact they would want to join the Army means they're prolly too stupid to get in the marines and too much of a wuss to do any serious fighting. Nothing against our army men but I've heard people bag the Marines, but using your reasoning Redneck that would make the Green Berets the most unintelligent people in the world and that is definitely not true. Thoughts?

Why does everyone Pick on the Marines?

First of all Marines is ALWAYS capitalized when used. Now to the IQ of Marines well first of all as I recall the Marines are the only service not having problems meeting recruiting quotas which means that we as a service can pick and choose who we will allow into the Corps.

The Army allows coed training what moron decided that would be good to develop a fighting force now you introduce all kinds of troubles to teenage kids with raging hormones while in bootcamp. The Marines on the other hand have no of those problems in bootcamp.

How much history and traditions are you taught in bootcamp in the army??
The Marine Corps gives a min of 240 hours and then your tested on it ever ask a Marine about the history of the Corps? They can probably rattle of more history then you could ever possible imagine. Why is the Army infantry in general can not function as a small unit with out an officer around when you have E-2's and E-3's in the Marines leading fireteams in battle why is it that a low ranking Marine can assume the duties of any member of a platoon in combat and that is unheard of in the army?

I am not trying to knock the Army I just think that people need to step back and realize what the Marine Corps is all about, before they decide that we are not as smart as they think.

The Army allows coed training what moron decided that would be good to develop a fighting force now you introduce all kinds of troubles to teenage kids with raging hormones while in bootcamp. The Marines on the other hand have no of those problems in bootcamp.

I agree with you there. I don't have anything against the Marines (I'm an Army boy. Well not yet, but I will be as soon as I graduate from high school). The tensions that exist between services are all in the spirit of fun I think. At heart we all know we belong to same military and fight for the same freedoms. Same thing with sport rivalries.

Nobody I've met really takes any of this stuff personally, like the Navy's being a little fruity and the Air Force being messy and undisciplined (just kidding, my Dad and one Grandfather were Air Force and the other was Navy), it's all pretty light hearted from what I've seen. Just like real hooah guys make fun of "chairborne rangers," nobody takes it seriously. Anybody with half a brain realizes we need every part of the military to function together to accomplish anything.

And I think the deal with everyone picking on the Marines is because you all are pretty full of yourselves and that makes it more fun.
:lol:

i think

as isaid before,this dispute between the branches is stupid.
even wors, since the israeli army is in contact with the USA,these stupid arguments are now being made by the israeli GIs Sailors and Airmen,and even their Generals.And the israeli navy is a part of the army....so is the airforce. what is your problem with each other...all of the US branches are exellent.

We know that, and everyone appreciates each other, but it's more of a fun rivalry, not like we go out and take potshots at each other. More like school rivalries, you really have nothing against the other school, but you rip on them anyway, maybe it's a cultural thing. Heck, I don't know what it is, but no one takes it seriously.

Redneck said:
And I think the deal with everyone picking on the Marines is because you all are pretty full of yourselves and that makes it more fun.
:lol:

Yes sirree! MARINES RULE! SEMPER FIDELIS GENTLEMEN!
icon_blues.gif

Jarhead0321 said:
...as I recall the Marines are the only service not having problems meeting recruiting quotas...
Thats because the Corps quota is lower then the other branches. Apparently the other branches care more about size, and not quality :D . (Im just kiddin)

That and the fact a small group of Marines can just about eat their weight in grocerys everday...gets expensive feeding a large force...was easier when they fed them just slum and gravy but oh no...they had to get on the proper nutrition cycle...

just kidding. :D

Serve in Active Duty as an Enlisted Soldier and you begin at Basic Training with the rank of Private. Or serve full-time as a commissioned Officer.

To enlist as an Active-Duty Soldier in the U.S. Army you must be:

• Between the ages of 17 and 34
• A U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
• Healthy and in good physical condition
• In good moral standing

Length of Service
All Soldiers incur an 8-year military service obligation. Terms of service for active duty are from 2-6 years.

Educational Benefits
Becoming a full-time Soldier in the U.S. Army means you can get help paying for your college education. Programs include:

• Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB)
Soldiers on active duty can receive up to $32,400 toward college
• Army College Fund
Get additional money for college: up to $50,000 when combined with the MGIB
• College Loan Repayment Program
Receive up to $65,000 for qualifying student loans
• Earn College Credit
Use a variety of methods to acquire credits by simultaneously attending college, gaining credit through military experience and training, taking college-level examinations, and/or through distance learning options such as eArmyU

• Concurrent Admissions Program (ConAP)
Apply for college and enlist in the Army or Army Reserve at the same time

• Army Tuition Assistance Program
Receive 75%-100% tuition assistance for authorized college courses

Careers
There are more than 200 job opportunities as an active-duty Soldier in the Army. You learn valuable skills while on the job that can help you throughout your life. You can also qualify for bonuses with certain Army jobs.

I've been exposed to both branches (because I was raised as an ARMY brat and a Sgt in ROTC (HAH! real military)

all to become a Sergeant in the Marines.

The one big difference between the branches is the Esprit de Corps that you have being a Marine. I talked to an Army recruiter and he kind of looked down on it (I don't know if that's the mentality in the Army as a whole but this guy said if I joined the Army don't expect it.)

Which brings up another point an Army soldier has quite a bit of individual in him. The Marines are bred to take care of one another. (Band of Brothers OORAH)

Just go up and ask an Army recruit how motivated they are to take care of their fellow soldier (I have and know the answer)

Ask a future Marine. . . . . . . nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back