Fix a joke - Page 2

--

January 23rd, 2004  
Redneck

We know that, and everyone appreciates each other, but it's more of a fun rivalry, not like we go out and take potshots at each other. More like school rivalries, you really have nothing against the other school, but you rip on them anyway, maybe it's a cultural thing. Heck, I don't know what it is, but no one takes it seriously.
January 23rd, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: yeah well

i hope so...nothing ruins your day like a blue-on-blue incident....
June 26th, 2004  
silent driller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
And I think the deal with everyone picking on the Marines is because you all are pretty full of yourselves and that makes it more fun.
Yes sirree! MARINES RULE! SEMPER FIDELIS GENTLEMEN!
--
July 5th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead0321
...as I recall the Marines are the only service not having problems meeting recruiting quotas...
Thats because the Corps quota is lower then the other branches. Apparently the other branches care more about size, and not quality . (Im just kiddin)
July 6th, 2004  
silent driller

The Marine Corps has a lower quota because an expeditionary force doesn't need to be huge like an occupational Army.
July 6th, 2004  
Mark Conley

That and the fact a small group of Marines can just about eat their weight in grocerys everday...gets expensive feeding a large force...was easier when they fed them just slum and gravy but oh no...they had to get on the proper nutrition cycle...

just kidding.
July 6th, 2004  
thebrahmagr81

Serve in Active Duty as an Enlisted Soldier and you begin at Basic Training with the rank of Private. Or serve full-time as a commissioned Officer.

To enlist as an Active-Duty Soldier in the U.S. Army you must be:

Between the ages of 17 and 34
A U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
Healthy and in good physical condition
In good moral standing

Length of Service
All Soldiers incur an 8-year military service obligation. Terms of service for active duty are from 2-6 years.

Educational Benefits
Becoming a full-time Soldier in the U.S. Army means you can get help paying for your college education. Programs include:

Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB)
Soldiers on active duty can receive up to $32,400 toward college
Army College Fund
Get additional money for college: up to $50,000 when combined with the MGIB
College Loan Repayment Program
Receive up to $65,000 for qualifying student loans
Earn College Credit
Use a variety of methods to acquire credits by simultaneously attending college, gaining credit through military experience and training, taking college-level examinations, and/or through distance learning options such as eArmyU

Concurrent Admissions Program (ConAP)
Apply for college and enlist in the Army or Army Reserve at the same time

Army Tuition Assistance Program
Receive 75%-100% tuition assistance for authorized college courses

Careers
There are more than 200 job opportunities as an active-duty Soldier in the Army. You learn valuable skills while on the job that can help you throughout your life. You can also qualify for bonuses with certain Army jobs.
July 7th, 2004  
Sgt Lou

I've been exposed to both branches (because I was raised as an ARMY brat and a Sgt in ROTC (HAH! real military)

all to become a Sergeant in the Marines.

The one big difference between the branches is the Esprit de Corps that you have being a Marine. I talked to an Army recruiter and he kind of looked down on it (I don't know if that's the mentality in the Army as a whole but this guy said if I joined the Army don't expect it.)

Which brings up another point an Army soldier has quite a bit of individual in him. The Marines are bred to take care of one another. (Band of Brothers OORAH)

Just go up and ask an Army recruit how motivated they are to take care of their fellow soldier (I have and know the answer)

Ask a future Marine. . . . . . . nuff said.
July 7th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Thread locked - off topic.