First world war Prisoner of War Camp

elliotdavis10

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some advice. I am trying to find out about a 1st World War POW camp in Herefordshire, England, near a small town called Kington.

I have been told that my great-grandfather was an Irish 'General' (more likely some other high-ranking officer) by the name of O'Hara (unverified), who was in charge of this POW camp.

I can find no mention of any such camp online, but would be very keen to hear any information anybody has! Or any advice as to where I might find out more info.

Thanks,
Elliot

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some advice. I am trying to find out about a 1st World War POW camp in Herefordshire, England, near a small town called Kington.

I have been told that my great-grandfather was an Irish 'General' (more likely some other high-ranking officer) by the name of O'Hara (unverified), who was in charge of this POW camp.

I can find no mention of any such camp online, but would be very keen to hear any information anybody has! Or any advice as to where I might find out more info.

Thanks,
Elliot

Have you tried contacting the Prisoners of War Information Bureau in London as they kept lists of German POWs in Britain as well as their location or if you are sure of the location of the camp perhaps there is a local genealogical society in the Kington area that can assist.

Back