February 14th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke
gumba?
don't ask me I don't know either.
February 14th, 2005  
Charge 7

It may be an Italo-American slang word, or a localized slang word in Italy and not used throughout Italy. It means "village idiot"

Usually used in a half teasing way like an American would say "You doofus!".

FWIW, when I forget to do something around the house my fiancée calls me that.
February 15th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Oh I see. Yeah we got tons of different dialects.. So where's she originally from? Venice, you said?
--
Boots
February 15th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: hey

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm first thing that comes to my mind?? Well I'd get edited again for saying it so I will save the MODs some work
February 15th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Topic: Re: hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya1982
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm first thing that comes to my mind?? Well I'd get edited again for saying it so I will save the MODs some work

March 1st, 2005  
506thWW214yroldBuff

a flag and pizza
March 1st, 2005  
Italian Guy

No bad.
March 1st, 2005  
Locke

if i was to travel to italy, where would you reccommend i go and what is good to see?
im not afraid of crowds or open places, i am interested in what a "person on the ground's " travel thoughts are?
March 1st, 2005  
Schwul

My sexy friend Scott, the italian. ;b
March 2nd, 2005  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke
if i was to travel to italy, where would you reccommend i go and what is good to see?
im not afraid of crowds or open places, i am interested in what a "person on the ground's " travel thoughts are?
Oh you are asking the right person, Locke. I've travelled all over the country many times.
Recommendations are: Rome, Florence, Venice (of course). But don't miss the Garda Lake (in the north, couple hrs train from Venice), the city of Ferrara 8medieval, castle, bridge, beautiful cathedral and cy hall downtown).
Sicily is lovely too, and both the islands if you like the beaches. We got gorgeous beaches (I'm telling an Australian btw ).
Uhm yeah as for art and beautiful places I'd say those 4-5 places. Of course it's the essential for a 10-day trip.