First thing that comes to your mind when I say...

It may be an Italo-American slang word, or a localized slang word in Italy and not used throughout Italy. It means "village idiot" :lol:

Usually used in a half teasing way like an American would say "You doofus!".

FWIW, when I forget to do something around the house my fiancée calls me that. :roll: :lol:

hey

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm first thing that comes to my mind?? Well I'd get edited again for saying it so I will save the MODs some work :lol:

if i was to travel to italy, where would you reccommend i go and what is good to see?
im not afraid of crowds or open places, i am interested in what a "person on the ground's " travel thoughts are?

Locke said:
if i was to travel to italy, where would you reccommend i go and what is good to see?
im not afraid of crowds or open places, i am interested in what a "person on the ground's " travel thoughts are?

Oh you are asking the right person, Locke. I've travelled all over the country many times.
Recommendations are: Rome, Florence, Venice (of course). But don't miss the Garda Lake (in the north, couple hrs train from Venice), the city of Ferrara 8medieval, castle, bridge, beautiful cathedral and cy hall downtown).
Sicily is lovely too, and both the islands if you like the beaches. We got gorgeous beaches (I'm telling an Australian btw :? ).
Uhm yeah as for art and beautiful places I'd say those 4-5 places. Of course it's the essential for a 10-day trip.

The fish in Napoli was really nice. Not too far away from Vesuvio either (that place that was all ash).
Watch out for pickpockets!!! I've never fallen victim to it but I've heard some really really nasty stories about how if it's not stuck to you, the instant you look away it'll be gone. Keep your stuff tied to you at all times. Good thing for me was, that's just the way I travel... originally to prevent me from leaving stuff places :lol:

the_13th_redneck said:
The fish in Napoli was really nice. Not too far away from Vesuvio either (that place that was all ash).
Watch out for pickpockets!!! I've never fallen victim to it but I've heard some really really nasty stories about how if it's not stuck to you, the instant you look away it'll be gone. Keep your stuff tied to you at all times. Good thing for me was, that's just the way I travel... originally to prevent me from leaving stuff places :lol:

Yeah, that's the way Naples is. Watch out for pickpockets - the funny thing is that a while ago when my LA buddy was stationed in Italy I kept warning him about Naples, and my family with me, and my friends, end everyone were constantly pressuring him over watchin out in Naples, Naples , Naples.
Believe it or not, guys, he got pickpocketed in Rome. Lost credit cards, wallet, money, documents.
Rome!!! :?

when u say italy,i first think of beautigull italian women,and then i remeber of that famous canded camera u guys have..................women............ahhh :lol:

my old IT teacher got mugged by a group of young street kids who would have been about 10 years old!!! there were about 15 of them, he took a wrong turn and noticed that he wasn't in a safe environment

Locke said:
my old IT teacher got mugged by a group of young street kids who would have been about 10 years old!!! there were about 15 of them, he took a wrong turn and noticed that he wasn't in a safe environment

Yeah? Where?

hmm let me try and remember.....nope, sorry i cant recall the place
(hey, lol im not rainman,it was year 8 IT, thats 6+ years ago)

Italian Guy said:
Locke said:

Yeah? Where?

It happens to anyone anywhere mate, don't feel too bad :lol:

Back