First KMW Mungo ordered by U.S. Marine Corps

systemlord

The American U.S. Marine Corps ordered first protected vehicles of the type ESK MUNGO (employment special operations) at Europes leading system house Krauss Maffei Wegmann. This is an important first entrance in as with difficulty accessible valid arms market of the United States. "this order from the USA is the clear proof for the outstanding efficiency of our technology", said Frank Haun, KMW managing director and deputy management chairmen. " seize foot with foreign technology on the military engineering sector of the United States, is a big thing", thus Haun gets ahead. The American armed forces start extensive tests with the two ESK MUNGO in group with light task forces.

US-American military is first export customer for ESK MUNGO after the supply of the first ESK MUNGO for the German Federal Armed Forces at the beginning of of 2005. The ESK MUNGO is an air-transportable, protected, cross-country and universally applicable transport vehicle, which can transport ten fully equipped soldiers with a total weight of only 5.3 tons. It offers thereby an extremely high protection level against antipersonnel mines as well as standard and hard core ammunition. The outstanding mobility of the MUNGO is guaranteed by the commercial MULTICAR chassis with all-wheel drive, electronic traction control, anti-skid system, fail-safe tire and creeper speed particularly in the heavy area.

translated from http://www.kmweg.de/news/news73.html

Read more about the Mungo HERE!

At least the US Marines have the guts to buy something not made here in the states

It don't need to look sexy to win. :m16shoot: :biggun:

03USMC said:
Whispering Death said:
That is an ugly ugly vehicle.

If it works. Who cares.

I agree. But, what are the acquisition costs and the long term maintenance costs? What will this replace, the duece&half, arnored HUMVEE? What I thought was good was the fact that they claim parts availability within 24 hours!

Parts availability in 24hrs dang fine and heck the Marines are getting
bargain though I am surprised none of the US firms had anyting like this.

Back