First Golden Wedding

Del Boy

Am i the first Golden Wedding Anniversary (50 years) on the Milforum.

Married on 22nd June 1957 at Our Lady of Victories RC Church, Bulford Camp, by Army Chaplain Rev Fr McKenna.

As it happens, i received my Suez Canal Zone campaign medal just in time. It only took them 50+ years to produce it. they were hoping we would all have died sooner to save the money! I have just been advised by a comrade that I have also been entitled to the Veterans badge, another well kept government secret!

You got me beat, that's for sure. Our anniversary will be 34 years this October.
You might check in with another Brit member, LeEnfield, who has not been too active as of late.

Last edited:
Wow, congrats on that my man...

I haven't even gotten married yet....let alone for 50 years (that would be a neat trick since I'm a little more than half that old or should I say young...lol)

Thank you, guys. I guess I have been very lucky. It looks as tho some of you are running me close, just the same. Best wishes to you all, in all that you do.

Well done golden boy

Great milestone DB. Congratulations. Hope you both also sail through the emerald on the way to the diamond.

Back