First female operational & combat-ready F-22 pilot

Therefore I mentioned the part about the pilot taking a shot first.
But I don't think anyone really cares if "no one is looking."

I think most enemies will try to capture a downed pilot unharmed as he/she can be used for intelligence as well as a bargaining chip for later on. And as they say, a bargaining chip is ultimately worthless if you're not willing to bargain it away. I think being a female pilot is even an advantage here.

well this has taken an interesting sidetrack to the original topic. But to give my opinion on this whole downed pilot thing the answer is this.... run and hide... run and hide.

It depends where they go down, some places they could blend in with the environment.
Also, I did say at least a pistol. They ought to be weapons that are easy to hide on the person for blending in purposes. Granted, the challenges are great for the downed pilot but to just give up on them and not even give them a chance is silly. No one answer is going to be correct for all people or all scenario's confronted once on the deck.

Which brings up another question...

300px-MARSOC_parachutist.jpg

Imagine you're a downed pilot armed only with a pistol with one standard mag. You have one cantine full of water, a small med kit, a couple of high-energy bars, an analog compass but no map and no communications device. You estimate you are at least 500 miles away from the closest friendly unit. You don't know exactly where you landed, but you know the enemy knows they successfully shot you down and are closing in on you. You know that a rescue attempt is unlikely without knowing your exact location or whether you're alive or not.

What would you do? :salute2:

Back