Firearms Possession discussion (in response to yet another US shooting)

It is interesting to see how Americans react to discussions about firearms, regardless if the discussion occurs online or face to face. All discussions are very polarized.

I disagree with the argument "if all people bear arms, events like this had been prevented or the amount of casualties had been reduced." It will work if all people had the same training as police officer and the same training as police officers to "read" people. I also view this as more than a gun problem, it is a problem in the society, a problem with attitudes toward firearms. How to reduce people with mental issues to get hold of firearms? In this case, the mother was the owner of the guns, but the son had access to them. Perhaps he killed her to get access to them, I don't know.

This will follow the same pattern as Columbine, Virginia Tech, and the others. In a few days, we will see documentaries about the shooter, all the signs of something were wrong will be there. All alarm bells were ringing and no one took action. Then return to normal.....to be continued
Or if this is not demanding a change, what does?

Don't waste your time Hawky. You should know that they'll always avoid answering these type of questions, as their argument falls down. :roll:

It's not about that. It's about the fact that he was in possession of FORTY SEVEN guns.
So? The guy has a gun collection, big deal. As a general statement, it really isn't anyone else business how many guns he owns. being the guy is in a motorcycle gang & started made threats, then it becomes relevant as part of the criminal threats, but not as long as he's just another law abiding citizen.
Linky about the Klakamas Mall shooting[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
So? The guy has a gun collection, big deal. As a general statement, it really isn't anyone else business how many guns he owns. being the guy is in a motorcycle gang & started made threats, then it becomes relevant as part of the criminal threats, but not as long as he's just another law abiding citizen.

Remarkable. Utterly remarkable.

After all of these school massacres and yet you still can't see any issue.

What a fecked up place the US is.

Sadly I dont think anything will change there (USA). And arming teachers isnt a viable solution either.
I ahev no answers myself to the issue, just thank god in my country our children arent gunned down in schoool............ yet........

Remarkable. Utterly remarkable.

After all of these school massacres and yet you still can't see any issue.

What a fecked up place the US is.
Whoa,... there's nothing wrong with the US,.... but some of the people, well that is another matter altogether.

Y'know what they say? "It's stupid to attempt to put brains in stone monuments"

Sadly I dont think anything will change there (USA). And arming teachers isnt a viable solution either.
I ahev no answers myself to the issue, just thank god in my country our children arent gunned down in schoool............ yet........

I think this is pretty much it, the more you talk about it the more Americans will dig their heels in because the are to "free" to be told anything or accept that most other countries have more or less solved the issue.

Just be happy that it isn't you, smirk when you read about how much the world wants to be them and leave them to killing each other and praising the almighty gun.

Well to be fair I am up to 87 in my collection so I am not sure volume is a contributing factor to this issue.

Last edited:
Whoa,... there's nothing wrong with the US,....

Except the in denial stubborn blinkered we're right attitude of its citizens over firearms.

(It wasn't a sweeping statement of the US in general. I have a good friend who's an ex-military gun-totin' Texan living in California.) ;)

But do you have a stock pile of ammunition for them?

About half of them I have had "soft" deactivated because they are collectors pieces (and have no ammunition for) most of the rest have small amounts of ammunition (less than 200 rounds) and I have about 5 that I use regularly for hunting and have reasonable stocks of ammunition for.

However because of my collection I get regular police visits and ammunition and weapons are registered and stored as required by law basically I am happy with our laws and happily stay within them.

My suggestions to President Obama!

37073_449559685106433_1459580921_n_zps31f2f877.jpg

About half of them I have had "soft" deactivated because they are collectors pieces (and have no ammunition for) most of the rest have small amounts of ammunition (less than 200 rounds) and I have about 5 that I use regularly for hunting and have reasonable stocks of ammunition for.

However because of my collection I get regular police visits and ammunition and weapons are registered and stored as required by law basically I am happy with our laws and happily stay within them.

The laws in California are extremely restrictive, I do stay within, them however it sucks when I can't even own a 30 round magazine for an AR-15. And before CF says anything, I have a completely legitimate reason for needing one, I am a soldier and I need to continually practice BRM in order stay within the standard and be an efficient soldier.

It's like they say the only way to get better at something is to practice. :m1:

The laws in California are extremely restrictive, I do stay within, them however it sucks when I can't even own a 30 round magazine for an AR-15. And before CF says anything, I have a completely legitimate reason for needing one, I am a soldier and I need to continually practice BRM in order stay within the standard and be an efficient soldier.

It's like they say the only way to get better at something is to practice. :m1:

I have never understood the point to magazine restrictions as it only takes 1 bullet to kill and you can do that with a musket.

I am not a fan of bans on military style weapons for the same reason.

The only thing that did kind of shock me was how easy it was to buy a handgun (which I consider the most dangerous of weapons due to concealment) and how there is virtually no traceability in the second hand weapons market.

OK, I broke my promise not to post further... one thing you folks are forgetting is most of us west of the Mississippi enjoy shooting, it's a sport and a lifestyle, we have wide open spaces. The Forest Service District that I worked on is 260,000 acres with another 240,000 acres in wilderness - we are sportsmen and woodsmen.... but that said I posted this for Sevens benifit as she takes no message, read it in another forum. Because of this incident Feinstein is proposing a ban on assault weapons (and this should NOT include autoloading .22"s), yepper, the liberals jump right on this, BUT

If the liberals want gun control, LET THEM START WITH THE PRESIDENT . He sells them to Mexicans and they shoot Americans!

Except the in denial stubborn blinkered we're right attitude of its citizens over firearms.

(It wasn't a sweeping statement of the US in general. I have a good friend who's an ex-military gun-totin' Texan living in California.) ;)
I realised that. You'll notice that I said "Some" of it's citizens.

I have always been pro gun but I'm also pro common sense. The thing a that really staggers me is the ignorance and arrogance of the more vocal pro gun lobbyists which when combined with a totally amoral government makes for a really bad combination.

Idiotic is in the view of the individual. I think your counties is, and as a non US citizen it's inapprpriate to be petitioning the President about something that really none of your business. Bad enough to put up with crap from the local wacko hoplophobes like Shumer & Fienstien. I guess some like the feel of the Govt thumb.

Last edited:
Back