Fined for flying the US flag...

I support the above without exception.

This also applies to the "arty crafty's" who think they have a "better" design, or that one's flag should be changed for whatever reason.

We have bucket loads of that type here who want to change the flag because it is too much like yours or because it has a Union Jack on it personally I just wish they would bugger off.

As much as I am not much of a nationalist I do believe that our current flag has served us well enough for 100 of our 150 years to not require changing.

MontyB, so you've got them in NZ too?

The problem they so often quote with the NZ and Aussie flags is more a matter of education than similarity. My distance sight is not good but I have no difficulty in telling them apart. The truth being that the persons concerned generally haven't gone to the bother of learning just what their flag looks like.

MontyB, so you've got them in NZ too?

The problem they so often quote with the NZ and Aussie flags is more a matter of education than similarity. My distance sight is not good but I have no difficulty in telling them apart. The truth being that the persons concerned generally haven't gone to the bother of learning just what their flag looks like.

Yeah we have them, I think its the same bunch that want padded play grounds and run around with the title "Ms".
I have to admit I have no trouble telling them apart either, two extra stars and different colours is usually a dead give away. The problem is that all the "cultural" types are dead keen on shedding the colonial aspect of our past so that we can be a "unique" identity.

The colonists invented the flag.
And the colonists and their descendents built Australia and New Zealand to what they are today. They did all the work. This is THEIR Australia and New Zealand. The Maoris and Aboriginies did have an unfortunate past but there are plenty of advantages they get so that they can be a part of modern society and no one prevents them from preserving their heritage.
If you change the flag, you're spitting on the people who have brought development, wealth and prosperity to the region.
And... a flag with a kangaroo? Pfft.

It looks like Donald Trump is getting fined $1250 a day for flying a big American flag that violates city code. Trump has defied the order to take down the flag and refused to pay the small fine. He has countered with a $20 million lawsuit saying that flying the American flag a freedom of speech issue.

KEEP in mind that this is the same Palm Beach community who allowed the Homeowners association to sue a former Marine who flew the American flag on a flag pole instead of off his house. Though the guy won the lawsuit, the Homeowners sued the guy for legal costs. I am not sure how this story ended.

Ok, you are 100% un American if you fine people for flying an American flag. This is insane. This reminds me of some BS in Maine where war veteran wanted to fly an American flag off a Civil War fort all summer. He had raised all the money for it to include the solar powered lights. People protested because they said flying the American flag was like flying the Nazi flag in WWII. This crap has got to stop

I'm shocked!!!

What has shocked you YW? I assume you're trying to be sarcastic once again but it's not clear what you're attempting to refer to here.

The colonists invented the flag.
And the colonists and their descendents built Australia and New Zealand to what they are today. They did all the work. This is THEIR Australia and New Zealand. The Maoris and Aboriginies did have an unfortunate past but there are plenty of advantages they get so that they can be a part of modern society and no one prevents them from preserving their heritage.
If you change the flag, you're spitting on the people who have brought development, wealth and prosperity to the region.
And... a flag with a kangaroo? Pfft.

You've got my vote Redneck!

Monty, they want padded playgrounds, I think what they need are padded cells:cens:

Last edited:
Back