My real world list
1. Paul.
2. Thompson.
3. Edwards.

I got a 3 way tie

1. Clinton
2. Obama
3. Edwards

but my order of preference is the exact opposite, and frankly I'd rather see Richardson or Dodd than Clinton.

Did it again, Clinton, Biden and Obama were tied for first, although I disagree with these people on the issues I feel are most important and the ones I agree on are ones that I also don't think it is the government's decision. Marriage and abortion for one. Not only that, but Huckabee, the only social conservative running in the GOP and by no small coincidence is now the front-runner in Iowa, is supposedly the one I most disagree with, except on issues I actually feel are important.

My scores:
Romney - 38 - probable
Guliani -32 - my real 1st choice
Clinton -29 - never in my life!

I was surprised tha Clinton got the 3rd place.

However, I think, the problem is not in the routine - it is in weakness of our knowledge of the candidates' position on those issues.

I think they just copy-pasted the candidates' words into these questions - if you don't know them by heart - it is easy to miss

Boris

Your results are really not that surprising. Guliani and Clinton agree on most issues with the exception of Healthcare. They are both Social Liberals, moderate on Economic and Foreign relations, are Catholic, and are from New York (as am I).

Although my fury at the Bush Administration as turned me rabidly anti-GOP for the next election, Guliani is the best they've got. I know Rudy well, I voted for him both times a Mayor of NYC he did alot of good, but he is a very nasty guy, I repeat: A VERY NASTY GUY. His personality is so abrasive you cannot help but really hate this guy. Most New Yorkers (whom are mostly Dems) will admit that he and Bloomberg were good Mayors (probably the best since Fierello LaGlardia) but there were very few NYers that were sorry to see him go. At the end of his administration, he had become abit of a Meglomaniac, as we are going to need Foreign help to clean up the mess left by the Bush administration that last thing we need as another arrogant nasty jerk in charge. I am not voting for Hillary either.

Aside the fact that I want to see the GOP lose big next year, its why I wont vote for him. The only other GOP I would consider is Romney but Romney is a snobby Massachusetts spoiled brat with a sense of entitlement ala Bush, Kennedy, (and to a degree Kerry). Also he made some anti-French bigoted statements that really pissed me off as my mother and 1/2 my family is French.

I think I have enough of politicians that use fear and hatred in order to get elected.

As a mere onlooker MM - I must say I like that post. I could just possibly take umbrage at your being a French Catholic, but only because I am descended from the Huguenots who fled from France to East London to escape persecution! More of our great integrated and rewarding immigrant groups, you see. We are really great at accepting those who wish to join!

Back to the point - in view of your post, who are you leaning towards for the job?

John Edwards followed by Barack Obama.

I like John Edwards because like JFK he Charismatic (young, good-looking, well spoken) that will make him physically appealing. He's a true southern gentleman, (he's polite, well spoken and kind), unlike a nasty brat from Texas whose smart-ass smirk clearly indicates wasn't spanked enough as a child. The fact he's a Southern which makes palatable to the Southern States like Florida, Arkansas, and Missouri which are Purple States (can vote Democrat).

His background is interesting. Like Bill Clinton, He grew up in total poverty, his father was a mill worker which means he knows what its like to have absolutely nothing, (unlike the other brats born with a silver spoon in their mouth.) He became a very successful lawyer through his own sweat (not by daddy's help). He had a teenage son killed by a drunk driver and his wife is currently battling breast cancer which (to me) means he knows what its like to suffer pain. (therefore much less likely to put OTHER peoples kids into quagmire oil wars for Billionaire friends).

Lastly one of the centerpieces of his candidacy is healthcare reform which is a major problem in the USA with over 44 Million uninsured people. He believes in Universal Healthcare for all citizens (as do I) and like Teddy Roosevelt believes in curbing the Corporate greed of Big Business.

Should he not win, next choice is Obama. I like Obama message of trying to mend the partisanship worsened by this administration. He also has some idea how the world really works (perhaps Edwards main weakness -lack of Foreign policy experience). He has the same aura of FDR and Lincoln -when he speaks people listen. Like Edwards he's a nice person, tolerant of others. And while he is religious its neither faked (Most Politicians) nor is it the far right Evangelist side like Huckabee.

Three problems with Obama. First, he's too inexperienced in my opinion, it would have been better had he waited until 2012 or 2016. Second, his heath-care plan sucks, and lastly he's Black. Now I have nothing against Black people and I think it would be great to have a Black president. Unfortunately I am convinced that much of the country is still very racist, and will vote against Obama just because he is black. If the choice was Satan and a Black man, they'd vote for Satan.

Just look how Bush Torpedoed McCain in South Carolina in 2000 by merely suggesting push-polls he had fathered a out-of-wedlock black baby. (A total lie, McCain baby girl is adopted from Bangladesh). It was a very nasty trick designed to appeal to peoples inner racism, and it worked too.

Last edited:
mmarsh, fear not about being thought a racist, in schools these days we are actually taught there are rules against non-white men or women being President. Granted they are unwritten rules, which means they can be broken (like JFK being the first Catholic President) but they are still rules which are accepted as true until someone shatters them. It's not fair but neither is life.

I also agree about Obama, he reminds me of my uncle at times, his calm character, sort of laid back style of speech that doesn't leave one thinking he is lazy, the way he explains things so people can understand why he does what he does. But most of all I like his sense of humor, going on Monday Night Football and doing this. Great PR and an excellent job of getting his name out there. But at this point I think Obama's greatest positive is a lack of negatives because he hasn't been in office long enough to really make any mistakes, which I think is necessary because we must see how he rebounds from his mistakes. Obama will be back in a decade and will probably have a pretty good record to lean on rather than just his lack of mistakes.

I don't like Edwards' stance towards Wal-Mart, which for some reason he has been hiding under the rug since his candidacy began. Why? My guess is because too many people in this country see Wal-Mart as a blessing in disguise, they can actually afford to buy **** from Wally World where they couldn't before. I remember when Wal-Mart opened up their first Supercenter in Sioux Falls, all the other businesses were forced to clean up their acts, Lewis was forced to lower their prices to a reasonable level when faced with competing against a Wal-Mart down the street and a Walgreen's right across the street. Shopko actually had to spend money cleaning up their store and putting in things like checkout lines with real computers so you could see what was being rung up and know if the checker made a mistake. There were some negatives though, Kmart lost that moldy smell that always reminded me of being little, when I used to go to Kmart for the heck of it with my friends because it was just far enough away to be an "adventure' on our bikes.

Duncan Hunter: 39
Fred Thompson: 34
Mitt Romney: 33
Tom Tancredo: 33
Mike Huckabee: 32
John McCain: 32
Ron Paul: 31
Rudy: 18 (he really is a RINO)
Bill Richardson: 16
John Edwards: 16
Dennis the Menace: 15
Joe Biden: 14
Barakie O: 11
The Anti-Christ and her husband: 11
Chris Dodd: 10 (must be really bad in my books to rate lower than the Anti-Christ)
Mike Gravel: 5 (who is this lunatic? At least we agree on Health Care)

................... not that I can vote anyway in US elections.

POSTED BY mmarsh:

[Boris

Your results are really not that surprising. Guliani and Clinton agree on most issues with the exception of Healthcare. They are both Social Liberals, moderate on Economic and Foreign relations, are Catholic, and are from New York (as am I).]

Somebody call the cops! Hillary aint no Catholic!!!!!

Last edited:
It would be good to have some with real romantic American monickers; Like JFK, Harry Truman, Abe, Teddy Roosevelt, good ol' BILL Clinton; abit home-spun, a bit Glory,glory , a bit sharp-shooter, a bit good ol' boy. That's what elections are all about, ain't it? Or has the world changed while I wasn't looking? Just gimme a name, I'll give ya a winner!
Sorry Guys, just trying to psyche myself up and get involved.

for me this has it pretty much on. i would vote for Mr. Hunter but i don't think he really has a chance so to be honest i am not sure who i will vote for.

nothing like a flaming conservative LOL

Fred Thompson
Score: 57

Duncan Hunter
Score: 57

John McCain
Score: 54

Mike Huckabee
Score: 48

Mitt Romney
Score: 43

Ron Paul
Score: 42

Rudy Giuliani
Score: 33

Bill Richardson
Score: 14

Barack Obama
Score: 11

Joe Biden
Score: 11

Hillary Clinton
Score: 8

John Edwards
Score: 7

Mike Gravel
Score: 3

Chris Dodd
Score: 1

Dennis Kucinich
Score: 1

Below are the candidates ranked by how much you agree with their stances.
191369_G.jpg
Mitt Romney
Score: 49
Agree
Iraq
Stem-Cell Research
Health Care
Abortion
Line-Item Veto
Energy
Marriage
Death Penalty
Gun Control
Disagree
Immigration
Taxes
Social Security
Environment
Education
191356_G.jpg
John Edwards
Score: 44
VideoAgree
Taxes
Stem-Cell Research
Social Security
Energy
Death Penalty
Gun Control
Environment
Education
Disagree
Iraq
Immigration
Health Care
Abortion
Line-Item Veto
Marriage
191362_G.jpg
Duncan Hunter
Score: 42
Agree
Iraq
Health Care
Abortion
Line-Item Veto
Energy
Marriage
Death Penalty
Education
Disagree
Immigration
Taxes
Stem-Cell Research
Social Security
Gun Control
Environment
191359_G.jpg
Rudy Giuliani
Score: 40
Agree
Iraq
Stem-Cell Research
Health Care
Energy
Death Penalty
Gun Control
Disagree
Immigration
Taxes
Abortion
Social Security
Line-Item Veto
Marriage
Environment
Education
191353_G.jpg
Hillary Clinton
Score: 30
Agree
Taxes
Stem-Cell Research
Social Security
Energy
Death Penalty
Education
Disagree
Iraq
Immigration
Health Care
Abortion
Line-Item Veto
Marriage
Gun Control
Environment
191357_G.jpg
Fred Thompson
Agree
Iraq
Health Care
Abortion
Line-Item Veto
Marriage
Death Penalty
Disagree
Immigration
Taxes
Stem-Cell Research
Social Security
Energy
Gun Control
Environment
Education
191361_G.jpg
Mike Huckabee
VideoAgree
Health Care
Abortion
Line-Item Veto
Marriage
Death Penalty
Environment
Disagree
Iraq
Immigration
Taxes
Stem-Cell Research
Social Security
Energy
Gun Control
Education
191365_G.jpg
John McCain
Score: 29
Agree
Iraq
Health Care
Abortion
Line-Item Veto
Death Penalty
Disagree
Immigration
Taxes
Stem-Cell Research
Social Security
Energy
Marriage
Gun Control
Environment
Education

Wow...ever wonder what it all means? Bupkiss!!

Even though I disagree with him on a few issues I have to say I would have to go with Mitt Romney.

Last edited:
Back