Finally in use.

Rabs

http://www.defencetalk.com/news/publish/article_004467.php

"ANGLEY AIR FORCE BASE: The Air Force’s most advanced weapon system is ready for combat, Air Force officials here announced Dec. 15. In reaching initial operational capability, the F-22A Raptor has been certified ready for employment. Declaring the transformational fighter IOC means the Raptor’s proven capabilities are now available for use in combat around the globe and are supported by a properly trained and equipped force. It also means the aircraft is qualified to perform homeland defense missions when required. In the words of Gen. Ronald E. Keys, Air Combat Command commander, “If we go to war tomorrow, the Raptor will go with us.”"

Looks like if we need them they'll be there after a decade or two of development.

Come on Rabs, you've got to know as well as anyone else that the F-22 is WAAAAY out on a technological limb right now. It's simultaniously the most agile fighter ever and the first stealth fighter (F-117 was a bomber). It's going to take a little while to make sure you do that kind of thing right!

I'm glad to see she's operational, though. Not much use for her at the moment since al-quaeda doesn't really fly attack planes but with Iran and North Korea looming in the horizon I'm happy to see she's ready for anything that comes her way!

I'm glad to see she's operational, though. Not much use for her at the moment since al-quaeda doesn't really fly attack planes but with Iran and North Korea looming in the horizon I'm happy to see she's ready for anything that comes her way!
airplane that can still fly is only an-2 in north korea.
IRAN has poor Air force without Tomcat.
Tomcat of IRAN is maintainnanceless,but most powerfull fighter in IRAN,
I believe iranian tomcat was improved by russian technology.
Sadly or hopely,
Air dominate power of Rapter can,t show for next 10years.

sandy said:

It is absolutely amazing how big of a jump the Raptor is beyond the F-15. It really is the difference between the P-51 Mustang and the F-86 Sabre.

Stealth, supercruise and American avionics are it's real advantages, Russian fighters with thrust vectoring are still more maneuverable.

major liability said:
Stealth, supercruise and American avionics are it's real advantages, Russian fighters with thrust vectoring are still more maneuverable.

The F/A-22 Raptor has that too.

sandy said:
airplane that can still fly is only an-2 in north korea.
IRAN has poor Air force without Tomcat.
Tomcat of IRAN is maintainnanceless,but most powerfull fighter in IRAN,
I believe iranian tomcat was improved by russian technology.
Sadly or hopely,

I wouldn't be putting the Iranian Air Force down. Even though most third world countries are very poor and under equip, they always find a way to worm around and find chinks in the armor.

Cadet Seaman said:
I wouldn't be putting the Iranian Air Force down. Even though most third world countries are very poor and under equip, they always find a way to worm around and find chinks in the armor.

Like Yougoslavia setting up fires near important bridges/buildings/equipment to throw off heat seeking missiles.

Back