I finally got my Mosin Nagant!

I'll revive this old thread with the news that I have now acquired a PU scope mount and scope for my Mosin. I'm waiting for the modified bolt and off to the range I'll go. I had to send to the Ukraine for my scope but it was worth it.

fronzz, nope, not yet.

Hey to anyone who has a Mosin Nagant, can you somehow record the sound and post it here so we can hear it? :) thanks

Is it a WWII scope or post war?
I think it was made after the war. The leather lens covers are a little degraded but usable. The only markings on it is a small star stamped above a hammer and sickle which has a small hemispherical stamp under it. Under that is 91/30 and N4-544280. It is in new condition.

I will stick with a 1903 , thanks, but I love the design of the early 20th century rifles, every one of them, reflects their nation's creators, and are true witnesses to history.

m1903-44r.jpg

Last edited:
I own a Russian also folks. Mine has matching numbers and close to mint. The stock has scratches from removing the bands on the barrel stock area.

M91/30 1939 and of course a 7.62x54R

If you have not handled one be sure you have money to buy one. I have talked with a few people and all of us saw touched and had to buy one.

I have not read back on this thread yet due to time, so I will leave comments to others in my head for now and not post them.
I found ammo at $89 a tin of 440 so I am happy to buy that.

I also bought a box of 20 hunting bullets 203 grain. I may be off on the grain they are not in front of me right now.

Oh ya bayonet mint also.

I just bought the handle change and they were out of the scope mounts so I am bummed.

If anyone knows where to get one PM me e-mail or post it. It is an item we should all have.

I have a 1943 Tula 91/30 all matching parts, its really nice picked it up for about $130, great accuracy and groups at 100-200 yards. First time you shoot it you will feel the power lol, but after 2 range trips you should have a beaten up shoulder and should be resistant to it. and dont use a recoil pad shoot it like a man, if you cant get accuracy without it, your a wimp haha

good shooting :cowb:

Back