I finally got my Mosin Nagant!

I don't know about down under but in the states Garands are common. I have bought a couple from the dept of civilian markmanship. It is a official US Army section that sells rifles to civilians. Presently they have m-1 garands, 1917 enfields, 03 and 03A3 springfields and several kinds of 22 training rifles. The beaurou has been in business since the 1800's so civilians can buy cheap guns. check out www.odcmp.com

Missileer said:
I was looking around a gun store close to where I work and they had 4 Mosin 1891/30, two or three Arisakas, and about 5 Lee Enfields. I checked all of them and picked a Mosin. It was $139.00. As I went to pay and fill out the ATF form and wait for an okay, 10 minute phone call, the clerk started loading the box with a brand new bayonet, sling in good condition, and two ammo and tool pouches with new tools. I was a little surprised that all that came with it because they had it in the back room in an armory case.

I bought a 20 round box of soft nose cartridges for the range for $8.95. Everything is in great condition for it's age. Now for the question, actually two. Is the newly manufactured ammo corrosive now? And has anyone had any experience with using LER scopes on rifles? I've shot big bore pistols with them and had good results with accuracy. It is much cheaper to mount a kit designed to replace the rear sight so no damage is done by drilling the receiver and it can be put back in original condition.

oh man..where do u live !?

Hey,guys.
I can,t buy guns in my country(without black market).
and having licence of gun is troublesome.
I think a little envying of you :lol:

lol, over here, getting a gun needs some steps to take and procedures. Quite hard but once ur done , ur done! Problem is, its HARD to find older guns... just HARD.. its rare..

mind my taking that off your hands and giving it a nice home and a life in the deer stand? :)

nice weapon. I hope to get a .357M S&W soon, or a Browning BPS in 3.5"

Back