As the soldier waited quietly,

For the judgment of his God.

"Step forward now, you soldier,

You've borne your burdens well.

Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,

You've done your time in Hell."

Author: (c) Peter A. Hornbach

It's the Soldier, not the reporter
who has given us the freedom of the press.

It's the Soldier, not the poet,
who has given us the freedom of speech.

It's the Soldier, not the politicians
that ensures our right to Life, Liberty and the
Pursuit of Happiness.

It's the Soldier who salutes the flag,
who serves beneath the flag,
and whose coffin is draped by the flag.

If you care to offer the smallest token of
recognition and appreciation for the Military,
please pass this on and pray for our men and women
who have served and are currently serving our country
and pray for those who have given the ultimate
sacrifice for freedom

I knew it somebody might say that, I really didn't know where to put it,
I was thinking of puting it on the Other jokes and humor stuff forum ,but
it had sort of a way to deal with the military so I put it on this forum which
seemed right for it.

well done on the post. everytime i see one of the little goth atheist antiamerican kids walking around my high school and talking bad about U.S. and how they have no rights, and protesting war i tell them everything they have was earned in blood.

yeah, i hate those antiamerican idiots. imagine if they went around talking bad about the government if they were someone like the Soviet Union or Nazi Germnay or Castros Cuba. They'd be screwed over. At times I wish we could just ship them all somewhere like that. But we are the United States of America, we fought for that freedom for them to talk bad about the country they live in.

I have heard an extra line on It Is The Soldier. it was "And who lets the protestor burn the flag"

I wrote something very similar entitled "Showcase". When I get around to rewriting it (I lost the only copy), I'll share it with you.

istealfreefood said:
yeah, i hate those antiamerican idiots. imagine if they went around talking bad about the government if they were someone like the Soviet Union or Nazi Germnay or Castros Cuba. They'd be screwed over. At times I wish we could just ship them all somewhere like that. But we are the United States of America, we fought for that freedom for them to talk bad about the country they live in.

I have heard an extra line on It Is The Soldier. it was "And who lets the protestor burn the flag"

It seems to be the "cool thing" these days to bash America. If you're at a party and your jokes fail, make an anti-American crack and the crowd will love you. :shoothea:

ASTRALdragon said:
It seems to be the "cool thing" these days to bash America. If you're at a party and your jokes fail, make an anti-American crack and the crowd will love you. :shoothea:

That won't be happening in the world of Senior Chief

Oorah Senior Chief. I dont put up with that s**t either. I've gotten in alot of trouble when people start talking anti-america. I just cant help it, I dont have the self control right now to just say something back and not actually do something.

istealfreefood said:
Oorah Senior Chief. I dont put up with that s**t either. I've gotten in alot of trouble when people start talking anti-america. I just cant help it, I dont have the self control right now to just say something back and not actually do something.

I have a good friend that was a SGT, USMC, that felt the same way. If he heard something that didn't sound right he would confront the person and intimidate the heck out of them (if not the piss). I saw one kid try to act tough and it was extremely funny to see the kid "wait to kick the ***t out of the SGT". I hadn't seen anyone run that fast since my college days!

Wasn't there a quote about the Korean War similar to this poem, something like "Another soldier reporting in, I've served my time in hell."?

Senior Chief said:
That won't be happening in the world of Senior Chief
Burn a flag in my presence and expect a couple arrows to come your way.
Don't disrespect my country or my countrymen within distance of me- period. Millions of Americans feel the same way.

You sum it up for all of us, Senior Chief.

last semester a couple of anti war punks thought it would be funny to set up a booth that insulted the military right next to a Marine Corps recruiting booth. the punks said something, the marines ignored them, then one of the punks said something regarding dead marines, and to cut a long story short, the police arrested the punks to protect them from the marines and just about everyone in the general area.

man do i hate people that are so ungrateful for the freedoms that the armed forces have paid for.

bigcanada813 said:
last semester a couple of anti war punks thought it would be funny to set up a booth that insulted the military right next to a Marine Corps recruiting booth. the punks said something, the marines ignored them, then one of the punks said something regarding dead marines, and to cut a long story short, the police arrested the punks to protect them from the marines and just about everyone in the general area.

man do i hate people that are so ungrateful for the freedoms that the armed forces have paid for.

Sounds like a case for justified felony assault.

I watched a Marine stand toe to toe with an idiot. It was over being told by a policeman to put out a cigarette. The guy wouldn't do it and the Marine said "Hey, he means you!" The reply was "F**k you. The Marine said, in a calm voice, "Are you even old enough to buy the smokes?" Again the kid said "F**k you". The Marine said: Quote (for dramatic pause) "Don't make me embarass you in front of your friends and your woman" End Quote. Now the kid says: "Do you honestly think you can kick the s#!t out of 7 of us?" Intermission

The Marine is 6' tall, weighs about 215, probably 4% body fat. He was a Security Force Instructor, one of his specialties was defensive tactics.

Continue

As we waited for the roller coaster (Orlando theme park) we passed by the kid twice. The first time there was more of the mouthy kid getting in the Marine's face. The second time we passed I told the biggest guy in the group that Steve was a Marine and somewhat of an expert in Hand to Hand combat and that if 7 guys went against him it wouldn't be a fair fight unless Steve had his hands tied behind his back. I also said that the first two or three guys probably wouldn't see what took them out and the other four were in for some serious pain. It just so happened that they were on the same ride we were, we were at the back and they were at the front.

I was able to see them leaving the ride. When they hit the tarmac I never saw 11 people run as a unit before (outside of military). I'd bet that these guys could have quaified for the Olympics!

I was relieved to know that Steve was not going to jail or get busted in rank for cleaning up some of the shit that life put in front of him.

All the while we were in the exchange Steve's wife kept saying, in a not so quiet voice: STEVE, SHUT THE F**K UP!!!

She was the only person within 100 feet that wasn't afraid of Steve!!

I like Steve and know that if I were ever in a situation that called for backup that he would be there.

I'm tired and probably shouldn't have typed this all out, but my memory of the day is crystal clear and I actually would have loved to see Steve kick the ever loving crap out of those dirtbags! (I think his wife would have liked that too!)

(c) Peter A. Hornbach

The soldier stood and faced God,

Which must always come to pass.

He hoped his shoes were shining,

Just as brightly as his brass.

How shall I deal with you?

Have you always turned the other cheek?

To My Church have you been true?"

The soldier squared his shoulders and said,

"No, Lord, I guess I ain't.

Because those of us who carry guns,

Can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays,

And at times my talk was tough.

And sometimes I've been violent,

Because the world is awfully rough.

But, I never took a penny,

That wasn't mine to keep...

Though I worked a lot of overtime,

When the bills got just too steep.

And I never passed a cry for help,

Though at times I shook with fear.

And sometimes, God, forgive me,

I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place,

Among the people here.

They never wanted me around,

Except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here, Lord,

It needn't be so grand.

I never expected or had too much,

But if you don't, I'll understand.

There was a silence all around the throne,

Where the saints had often trod.

As the soldier waited quietly,

For the judgment of his God.

You've borne your burdens well.

Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,

You've done your time in Hell."

Author: (c) Peter A. Hornbach

MESSAGE TO ALL THOSE WHO READ THIS:
SGT Joshua Helterbran is the sole author of The Final Inspection. While it is true that we do have the freedom of speech in this great country we also have laws to protect it. With this comes a great law to protect authors like SGT Helterbran from being plagarized from people who claim to be authors of his poem. Please either remove SGT Helterbran's poem from your site or correctly display the correct author as SGT Joshua Helterbran. SGT Helterbran has viable proof of his copyright to this poem and several credible witnesses and books can account for his copyyright. Thank you

After three posts in a row saying the same thing, all I see is "blah blah blah Imma 12 year old.":-? One post works just as good at 15, my friend.

Back