Fill me in guys,

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
I want to know the next generation of Russian made small arms, I know there very low military budget may prevent large scale production of any of there new weapons, but can any one here give me the Russian Infantry weapons and small arms of tommorow?

PP-19 Bizon
bison-01.jpg

9X19mm Parabellum

MR-444
mr444.gif

9X19mm Parabellum

AN-94 Abakan
Rifle_AN-94.jpg

5.45X39mm

Saiga-12 Shotgun
Saiga-12_small.jpg

12 Gauge

AK-107
Ak-107.jpg

5.45X39mm

AK-105
RUS_AK-101.jpg

5.45X39mm

Last edited:
Hmm,

These are intersting, the only new Russian Small arms I knew of were the AK 104,and the Biz 9, and its good to see the possible rentroduciton of the RPD, but , lets not forget, even a AK 47 third generation model, doesnt have the damage effect of the M 16 A1, this was proven in a lab study with balistic gell tests in the 1980s. The NATO 5.56 still prove more lethal.

But combine the reliblildy of the Kalashinova Model of 1947 with the effect of the M 16A1 and other western made Assluat rounds, and you have a devestating weapon.

All in all I have only one thing to say.

Теперь мои друзья, котор я могу отдохнуть легкая знающ полное суждение этих оружий могут снабдить Российскаяа Федерация более лучшее управление их предпринимательство рукояток, и не воспрепятствовать эти точные оружия закончиться вверх в неправильных руках как Soveits перед ими.

Now my friends, kotor I can have a rest easy znajushch full judgement of these oruzhy can supply Rossijskajaa Federation more the best management their business of handles, and not prevent these exact the weapon to end upwards in wrong hands as Soveits before them.

Exactly!

lets not forget, even a AK 47 third generation model, doesnt have the damage effect of the M 16 A1, this was proven in a lab study with balistic gell tests in the 1980s. The NATO 5.56 still prove more lethal.

And disproven so many other times in the field.

5.45X39mm is one hell of a battlefield cartridge. Back in the Soviet/Afghan War. The Mujahideen called it the poison bullet because it's wounding ability. The caliber has a small air pocket at the tip of the bullet within it's jacket liner. It's design is to cause the round yaw and tumble once it hits the target.

I've been thinking of getting a AK-74 just because the claiber is one badass round to complement my M4 carbine and the 5.56x45mm cartirdge that I so hold dear and love.

But are those "poison bullets" legal in the United States? I don't see why they wouldn't be, but it can't hurt to ask considering it was the main battle cartridge of our #1 enemy for a decade. By the way, do these bullets retain their lethal tumble against body armor?

Oh yea, and here's another Russian modernization, this time of the SVD semi-automatic sniper rifle.
http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/svds.shtml

Second Edit: I've been wanting a Saiga for so long... I hope they don't declare them destructive devices, cuz if I can get enough American parts I'm going to legally mod it with a Picatinny foreend + vertical foregrip, side-mounted Picatinny rail for an EOTech HWS (or maybe one of those Mepros), and (hopefully) a folding polyamide AK-74M buttstock with a rubber recoil pad. And then I'm gonna get a 32-round drum mag. Oh yes, if anyone sees me with it they'll know it's one of those "Evil" guns. :D If they were smart enough, the rampant deer population would be quaking with fear.

Last edited:
The Saiga Rifles and Shotguns are legal. Go to http://www.raacfirearms.com/index.htm. They are the new importers of the rifles and shotguns. Also a company is now making 20rd magazines for the .308 Caliber Saiga Rifle.

As for the 5.45x39mm caliber. That is also legal in the good old USA. Wolf makes the stuff, so does Winchester and Remington. What makes the round so deadly is that under the Full Metral Jacket covering there is a small air bubble in the tip of the round. Basicly the Soviets found a way around the FMJ.JHP issue with the rules of war.

But as a civilian(LEO aren't civilians in a general sense. But I'm not in the military anymore) I can use what ever caliber/projectile type I want for self defense. No rules of war stop me there.

Last edited:
Depends on your local game laws, but you may find that there are regulations preventing hunting with more than a certain number of shells in your cannon. In my particular area, three is the max. Of course under most conditions, you probably won't get more than one good shot at the deer. Follow up shots have a bad habit of hitting something non-vital. Just my own personal hunting ethics here, but I don't take shots that won't be as close to an instant kill as possible. It's a waste to cause your prey undue suffering or risk the chance that it will only live long enough to get away.

For hunting is Florida, .223 Remington and 7.62X39mm is legal for deer hunting. If your gun is a semi-automatic or bolt action it must not be able to carry more than five rounds.

As for the 5.45X39mm for deer. Don't know, I guess with the proper shot placement you could take a deer down.

White Tail Deer, Wild Boar, Bobcat, and such. The 7.62x39mm when properly loaded it has the same punch and power as a .30 WCF (.30-30 Winchester) which has been the number one deer cartridge other than the .30-06 Springfield.

Last edited:
Yea, maybe Ill use a MPK 5 for squiel hunting this year?

Lol just kiding man, what your saying sounds like a good idea, but Im not going to push regulations.

Back