Is the FILBE worth buying?

Bowman

So my old man is looking to get an FILBE for all of his prepper/bugout/camping needs and I was just wondering, is it actually worth buying? Or should he steer clear and stick to his ALICE? I bought an ILBE for myself a few months back and I have to say I absolutely LOVE it. The only gripes I have with the ILBE is that the overall design of the pack doesn't allow it to have more molle for canteen pouches and the dust cover is kinda flat when the main compartment is full. In the research I have done into the newer FILBE there have been reports of it just overall being flawed in design. If anyone has it, is this true? And would you recommend the FILBE?

P.S. If you have another pack you really like, feel free to show it/give a little rundown of it.

So my old man is looking to get an FILBE for all of his prepper/bugout/camping needs and I was just wondering, is it actually worth buying? Or should he steer clear and stick to his ALICE? I bought an ILBE for myself a few months back and I have to say I absolutely LOVE it. The only gripes I have with the ILBE is that the overall design of the pack doesn't allow it to have more molle for canteen pouches and the dust cover is kinda flat when the main compartment is full. In the research I have done into the newer FILBE there have been reports of it just overall being flawed in design. If anyone has it, is this true? And would you recommend the FILBE?

P.S. If you have another pack you really like, feel free to show it/give a little rundown of it.

There is pack which can be made after your size, a tailored backpack. Check out Kifaru, the company is in Colorado. They work according to the MOLLE system, but they are rather expensive.

https://store.kifaru.net/packs-c15.aspx

There is pack which can be made after your size, a tailored backpack. Check out Kifaru, the company is in Colorado. They work according to the MOLLE system, but they are rather expensive.

https://store.kifaru.net/packs-c15.aspx

Kifaru makes amazing products and I plan on buying one of their rucks in the future. My old man likes marine corps gear though and doesnt really have any interest in frills. He still has his ALICE from his marine corps days and will take it over spending 300+ dollars on a tailored ruck. So basically its either his ALICE, an ILBE, or an FILBE. The stubborn old man doesnt like change and wont switch to the civie market

Back