Fighting

View Poll Results :Do you start fights or end or try to help pull somebody off the other person or help the fight go on
I help my friends and buddies 10 43.48%
I pull people off 6 26.09%
I end it 7 30.43%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

January 28th, 2005  
Joe252

Topic: Fighting

I am posting this becuase i am just curiose what people do.
January 29th, 2005  
KC72

Who wants to get into fights when you are out with friends having a drink .It just ends up dominating the night
January 29th, 2005  
AFSteliga

As an Officer, starting fights is the last thing that I'm supposed to do. If I do see one, I would try to end it. If it comes to pulling the attacker off and slamming them against a wall...well that's something that depends on the situation.
--
Boots
January 29th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

I almost got into a fight by breaking one up. But the kid that punched me was taken away by a teacher a few secs after.
January 29th, 2005  
EagleZtrike

Its kind of this way. If your a proper person that isn't in a gang or sorts. You probably don't get into conflicts even helping your buddies.

It's safe to say that you can't really fight well if your not mad or angry at your opponent even if your buddy is mad at them.

Gang members are a different story. Even if the opponent has done nothing to them, they will lash out at them to help their buddies and maintain their "image" to stay cool.
January 29th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleStrike
Its kind of this way. If your a proper person that isn't in a gang or sorts. You probably don't get into conflicts even helping your buddies.

It's safe to say that you can't really fight well if your not mad or angry at your opponent even if your buddy is mad at them.
Boy is that true.
January 29th, 2005  
Marksman

i help my friends, and stop the fight at the same time,otherwise u get a nasty result where even u ur self can be injured,beacouse in heat of fighting they dont look where they punch and kick
January 29th, 2005  
A Can of Man

I pull them off. This one time I remember breaking up a fight between two really big fat guys. I was partially drunk at the time... I guess I had to be. If those guys ran at each other, I would have turned into pancake
Here's the way I see fighting: barring that you're a complete prick, there is nothing to gain from starting a fight. There is only something to lose. Even if you "win" the fight, on a legal standing you're in heaps of trouble if u started it, so if you cannot disappear from the scene fast enough... you could be spending a short while behind bars. It depends on how hard you hit that person too. If you're "too successful" you could be done in for gevious bodily harm.
Even in breaking up a fight, you should really attempt to break it, even if a friend is involved. Don't go in there with arms swinging from the get go, or else what you might do is simply escalate the fight.

Another time I broke up a fight, but the authorities caught us doing it. One guy involved in the fight and myself got called away. But because it was a genuine break up of the fight, the other guy actually told them that I was breaking the fight up and that I was not involved. I could have unleashed any number of techniques on him, but I chose to go in with my hands out, putting distance between him and the other guy. In the end the fight was broken, and I lost nothing.

Remember, going around and starting a fight is no better than going around picking pockets.
January 30th, 2005  
AussieNick

I got into a punch up last night at my regular pub "the woolshed". A bloke called my mate a "FG" because he has a stud in his lip. My mate head butted him in the nose, and then it was on for one and all. Got dragged out by the bouncers, but being regulars we just got told to calm down, go home, and come back next week.

Too much fight juice last night (Bundaberg Rum)

January 30th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieNick
I got into a punch up last night at my regular pub "the woolshed". A bloke called my mate a "FG" because he has a stud in his lip. My mate head butted him in the nose, and then it was on for one and all. Got dragged out by the bouncers, but being regulars we just got told to calm down, go home, and come back next week.

Too much fight juice last night (Bundaberg Rum)

is that the same stuff russel crowe drinks then? lol