fighter plane (all militaries, america, britain, anybody)

Hi, yeh i know its a recon plane, just had to put it down! And it doesn't have any weapons on it...it was retired in 1997 as far as i know

Peace out

Hi,

The MiG-25 Foxbat ............ flies the fastest and goes the highest. ....... :avi:

Speed: Mach 2.83
Ceiling: 67,915 ft (20700 m)

and has the ability to reach Mach 2.8+.........

MIG 25 sets the world record for a ground-launched air-breathing aircraft, reaching 118,867 ft. (36,230 m). On August 31, 1977, the record was broken by a modified MiG-25 (E-266M) and taken to 123,524 ft. (37,650 m).

Peace
-=SF_13=-

str8 thug said:
Hi, yeh i know its a recon plane, just had to put it down! And it doesn't have any weapons on it...it was retired in 1997 as far as i know

Peace out

It was broght back into temporary service recently, I believe.

ghost457 said:
IAmFighter said:
Best fighter of all time? Has to be the P-51D Mustang!
there's no way to argue with that

well actually, the corsair could fly circles around the mustang. there is no way to argue this. but the mustang is quite a buetifull and awsome craft.

The Other Guy said:
str8 thug said:

Peace out

It was broght back into temporary service recently, I believe.

yeah, nice plane, not a fighter though. A cool think on a side not, the guy that married my parents flew one of them. He was a nice guy to talk to and had a lot of stories but he died when i was like 11 or something so to bad.

This thread would be better if it was split up into WW1 types then WW2, then onto the Jet aircraft. Also the bombers and fighters should be separated as they had vastly different types of work to do.

At the moment my choise fall on the Eurofighter and the Tornado!

But if i see how much victories the Me 109 got, my choise is clear.

Me 109 for all the time! :D

For me it's the McDonnell F-4 Phantom II. First flown in May 1958, this plane has been used by the US Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force in many different roles as well as being used by 15 other nations including Japan, Korea, Great Britain and Austrailia.
The Phantom II has garnered a host of world speed and time-to-climb records. It is the first and only aircraft ever to be flown concurrently by both the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds. The aircraft flew every traditional military mission: air superiority, close air support, interception, air defense suppression, long-range strike, fleet defense, attack and reconnaissance. Over 5000 were produced and although F-4s are no longer in the USAF inventory, (the last were F-4G Wild Weasels retired in 1995) they are still flown by a number of other nations.

Source: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/f-4.htm

i love the F4UA1 - that's a legendary plane, may be not the best in air combat, but so nice

then, when i was young i watched the famous tv show "BLACK SHEEP", history of the VMF214 during WWII in the pacific, that's always a real pleasure when i can watch again an issue :visor:

I think that this was one of the finest all round aircraft of WW2, as a bomber it was superb, as a night fighter it was excellent, as fighter it was second to none.

[img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/LeEnfield/DeHavillandMosquito.jpg[/img]

LeEnfield said:
This thread would be better if it was split up into WW1 types then WW2, then onto the Jet aircraft. Also the bombers and fighters should be separated as they had vastly different types of work to do.

maybe but oh well

recondo_fr said:
i love the F4UA1 - that's a legendary plane, may be not the best in air combat, but so nice

then, when i was young i watched the famous tv show "BLACK SHEEP", history of the VMF214 during WWII in the pacific, that's always a real pleasure when i can watch again an issue :visor:

AMEN BROTHA!!!!!

tomtom22 said:
For me it's the McDonnell F-4 Phantom II. First flown in May 1958, this plane has been used by the US Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force in many different roles as well as being used by 15 other nations including Japan, Korea, Great Britain and Austrailia.
The Phantom II has garnered a host of world speed and time-to-climb records. It is the first and only aircraft ever to be flown concurrently by both the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds. The aircraft flew every traditional military mission: air superiority, close air support, interception, air defense suppression, long-range strike, fleet defense, attack and reconnaissance. Over 5000 were produced and although F-4s are no longer in the USAF inventory, (the last were F-4G Wild Weasels retired in 1995) they are still flown by a number of other nations.

Source: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/f-4.htm

true, one of my favorites also but nat as much as the F4u

Back