FIFA World Cup anyone?

fingolfin361

Ah, this summer, the closest thing to open war not involving guns is being showcased in Germany...

Anybody else here going on a 1 month hiatus from normal life?

and btw if anybody is interested at all in this, Germany will be hammered, and not make it out of the group stages....because i am rooting for them- if i wasnt, i swear they potentially could b the dark horses, but too bad, their fate is sealed.

Wasn't it Gary Linneker who said that soccer is two teams playing agains eachother and the German team wins? Anyway, there is a post on the world cup somewhere. You can give your favorite and explain why...

He he. We have disguised ourselves as another team!!!
HAHAHAHA the glory will be ours! or something....
:)

Go 2 the Sports Section. There is already a thread up on this, you can see the favorites and explain why and debate wether Thierry Henry is up to facing Brazil next year without Dennis Bergkamp.

HangPC2 said:
I Vote Asian team South Korea & Iran

I'm backing Iran. Japan is a good team too, but they're with Brazil, and i'm looking at Australia being the other qualifiers.

Don't think S Korea have what it takes this time around...

200px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Last edited:
MaKa9 said:
He he. We have disguised ourselves as another team!!!
HAHAHAHA the glory will be ours! or something....
:)

We're the ones playing in pink thongs... oh, hang on, that was the German water polo team... :mrgreen:

A six pack of British lager is in the cooler for tonights kick off... :)

I'm watching as many games as I can...live...primetime for me (and all other Europeans). My liver is going to take a beating. Yesterday was a good (or bad from my liver's perspective) start.

Deutschland..thump...thump...thump...Deutschland!

Ollie Garchy said:
I'm watching as many games as I can...live...primetime for me (and all other Europeans). My liver is going to take a beating. Yesterday was a good (or bad from my liver's perspective) start.

Deutschland..thump...thump...thump...Deutschland!

lol yea, but that defence reeeally has to tighten up!! :(

btw, with jens ankle injury is kahn in goal for the next match??

I might be going back home (the USA) next month are all the games being broadcasted? If so on which channals?

Every game is on either ABC, ESPN, or ESPN 2 at 9 a.m., 12 p.m., and 3 p.m. EST. Just flip around those 3 channels at each of the three times and you'll see some very exciting soccer.

200px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

I hate my job now. Im basically going to miss every game...It SUCKS! I saw opening day because i was off, but the rest i will have to catch on the highlight reels...BOOO!

Thanks Popoye, My folks dont get ESPN, so I guess it means going to the sports bar.

Anyway, USA vs Czech Republic Tonight, should be good...

Back