FIFA World Cup anyone?

In-ger-land are on the march, it's not pretty but like the mongols we'll grind our opponenets into submission

once again... i will bring up the french! so much experience and talent...

must i remind you of thierry henry (arsenal), trezeguet and vieira and thuram (juventus), gallas and makelele (chelsea), barthez, coupet/abidal/malouda/govou/wiltord (lyon, who have won the french league 1 5 times in a row), franck ribery - brillaint young player, saha/silvestre (manchester united), sagnol (bayern muenchen) ... did i forget anyone?

oh yeah! ... zinedine zidane (real madrid)... the greatest player of his generation - yes, he can still play! even other players are telling him not to retire... "We took to the field with incredible hunger tonight. We managed to get the win and now we want to keep on winning." ~zidane .... you never want zidane to be hungry for more when he plays you...

they keep getting better and better through out this world cup...
plus, let's not forget they beat brazil in the 98 final 3-0 with some of the same players and they are 1-1-1 in world cup history vs. brazil

i picked them over spain and while i originally thought they would lose to brazil i have reconsidered... don't write them off

hopefully it will be a good game decided by the players and not the ref:bravo:too bad i can't watch the game, damn work

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8451296196135992907&q=zinedine+zidane

Last edited:
Ollie Garchy said:
And...Germany wins again.

Yeah! Its so disgusting back here, almost everybody's first team is England, and i mean all of my friends find it hillarious that i'm a German fan- July 9th i'm gonna rub that line in each and every one of their faces.:9mm:

Any idea if Klinsi will stay on after the cup? Atleast till 2008?

fingolfin361 said:
Yeah! Its so disgusting back here, almost everybody's first team is England, and i mean all of my friends find it hillarious that i'm a German fan- July 9th i'm gonna rub that line in each and every one of their faces.:9mm:

I originally thought that Germany would fall to Argentina. But I changed my mind. I still like Argie football. Argentina have a knack for playing the type of control game that screws up an opponent. They also play really mean and dirty football. Gotta love it...or at least respect it. But I bow before the German "Triumph of the Will" mentality. Germany was once again the better team...in terms of player quality and mindset. Now all the big mouths can shut up or at least try to find even more pitiful excuses for why the Germans perform at the WC. The Argies were as afraid of the Germans as the Germans were of the Argies. Germany is back on the map.

England was my pick to win the WC. While they have won the necessary games, I am still waiting for them to show their stuff. Same goes for Brazil. I would love to see Brazil and Portugal go down today.

And, Klinsi better stay on...even if the Germans choke against the Italos.

Venom PL said:
Gooooo Germany !!!
I've bet some money on your team so don't disapoint me :cheers:
Cool!
Venom PL said:
Ps: Podolski and Klose rules (they are both Poles BTW).
No doubt :)
fingolfin361 said:
I'm pretty sure he will! Even if his team doesn't make it to the finals, which it will anyway :D
C/1Lt Henderson said:
Klinsmann is a top candidate to move to the United States team, since he already lives in California...
If he does (which I hope he doesn't), the USA will become a team to be reckoned with in the next cup!

Update: Nooo Rooney's off the pitch! Hopefully they'll get their act together so Germany will be able to beat them in the finals!

Last edited:
Robbed robbed again by a shit ref, useless bastard!

every fucking time they cheat us again!

England didn't get robbed. They sucked. Beckham was in poor physical condition. Rooney looked more like a thug. Crouch some kind of freak. Who on the English squad really showed talent? Maybe Hargreaves or Lennon? But, what a disappointment.

All of this begs the question: how did I get suckered into thinking that they had a good team? The boys with the three lions could not score...not even penalties. Only Hargreaves (a Canadian who plays for Bayern in Germany) scored. Is there a connection here? Maybe the next English coach should be a German or at least have a long chat with Klinsi. How about Klinsi for English coach?

Maybe I should just stop reading the crap shovelled out by the English press. This was definitely the worst English side that I have ever seen. That Korean doctor should clone the English 1990 team...now those guys had style. Bye England.

say, although I think you're on a wind-up you certainly make fair points.

Last edited:
Shocker!!!

France Has Knocked Brazil Out Of The World Cup!!! 0-1. Goal By Henry.

Brazil's French Curse Continues..

Oh lala, congrats to our neighbours. Maybe we will have a final match Germany - France. I think that would be great.

Ollie Garchy said:
England didn't get robbed. They sucked. Beckham was in poor physical condition. Rooney looked more like a thug. Crouch some kind of freak. Who on the English squad really showed talent? Maybe Hargreaves or Lennon? But, what a disappointment.
Have to agree, we weren't robbed.

Beckham is now only a deadball kicker, Rooney lots of talent, but lots of temper as well, Lampard had a nightmare tournament, etc.

Have to disagree about Crouch though, because while he looks freakish, he's actually a very good player, and the team played far better while he was on the pitch, he managed to hold the ball from long shots while the midfield caught up and pressed the attack, he in my view had a good tournament.

As for the tactics, it difficult to mention them without swearing.
English teams love to play 4-4-2, yet our now ex-manager refused to play that formation against a workmanlike, but not that good, Portuguese side.
Instead he was far too defensive and flooded the midfield with a 4-5-1 formation, leaving the lone striker too isolated.
In my view he should have dropped either Lampard or Beckham ( my vote would have been Lampard ) and played Crouch up alongside Rooney.

Ho well.... best of luck to either Germany, France, or Italy.

As for Portugal, I hope the cheating b**** get stuffed by France.

Shocker!!!

France Has Knocked Brazil Out Of The World Cup!!! 0-1. Goal By Henry.

Quelle joie et quelle surprise

... but what a pity England is out. I was hoping England-Germany for the final... Someone must have put a penalties curse on them. :?

redcoat said:
Have to agree, we weren't robbed...As for the tactics, it difficult to mention them without swearing. English teams love to play 4-4-2, yet our now ex-manager refused to play that formation against a workmanlike, but not that good, Portuguese side. Instead he was far too defensive and flooded the midfield with a 4-5-1 formation, leaving the lone striker too isolated. In my view he should have dropped either Lampard or Beckham ( my vote would have been Lampard ) and played Crouch up alongside Rooney.

I agree. The 4-1-4-1 formation was a weird choice. It seems, however, that England is suffering from the same striker deficiency that Germany went through about 5 years ago. Time to invest in youth. I do, however, realize that the English team is actually a very young one. Maybe the boys just need some time. Or, maybe the Premier League should stop importing all of their strikers and invest in the indigenous population. Klinsi saved Germany by retiring all of the old buggers and bringing in Podolski and Odonkor and others. He is looking more and more like a football genius. That is why I say: Klinsmann for England Coach. What did the Swede do for England? Nothing but tears. What has Klinsmann already done? Helped Hotspurs and was player of the year in England. He has personally won a World Cup, a European cup, Champions League, and every award that I can think of. Now he has already taken a team that everyone disparaged to the semis. He could be England's man! I would love to see Klinsi take England to fame and glory. Imagine it...a German coach teaching England how to take penalties. Why not go to the best for help?

(One more thing: I cannot stand Beckham, and I made my prediction of English WC success dependent on his being dropped from the team. He should become a rockstar or something...how about "Mr. Spice" as a name? He could get his idiotic wife involved, too. Then they could call themselves the "Spice Family". What a bunch of morons.)

Oh: BYE BYE BRAZIL...I am certain that the Brazilians are going to have a hard time accepting their defeat. There is one thing worse than defeat...being humbled by the French. An old man (Zedane), scarface (Ribery) and Sir Missalot (Henry) showed us that bloated Brazilian heads do not make for a good team. Having all of the stars is not necessarily an asset. Look at Real Madrid. In any case, no Samba this year.

Last edited:
Popeye said:
once again... i will bring up the french! so much experience and talent...

must i remind you of thierry henry (arsenal), trezeguet and vieira and thuram (juventus), gallas and makelele (chelsea), barthez, coupet/abidal/malouda/govou/wiltord (lyon, who have won the french league 1 5 times in a row), franck ribery - brillaint young player, saha/silvestre (manchester united), sagnol (bayern muenchen) ... did i forget anyone?

oh yeah! ... zinedine zidane (real madrid)... the greatest player of his generation - yes, he can still play! even other players are telling him not to retire... "We took to the field with incredible hunger tonight. We managed to get the win and now we want to keep on winning." ~zidane .... you never want zidane to be hungry for more when he plays you...

they keep getting better and better through out this world cup...
plus, let's not forget they beat brazil in the 98 final 3-0 with some of the same players and they are 1-1-1 in world cup history vs. brazil

i picked them over spain and while i originally thought they would lose to brazil i have reconsidered... don't write them off

hopefully it will be a good game decided by the players and not the ref:bravo:too bad i can't watch the game, damn work

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8451296196135992907&q=zinedine+zidane

well i called it... and it happened - france beat brazil ... it was not a shock to me at all ...

Ollie Garchy said:
That is why I say: Klinsmann for England Coach.
:lol:

(One more thing: I cannot stand Beckham, and I made my prediction of English WC success dependent on his being dropped from the team. He should become a rockstar or something...how about "Mr. Spice" as a name? He could get his idiotic wife involved, too. Then they could call themselves the "Spice Family". What a bunch of morons.)
I've actually met Beckham, while he was a Man Utd player, he came to the Addidas factory shop where my brother works, while I was buying some cut price sports gear, he was very polite and charming. :peace:
While I think his time has passed as a England player I would never think of insulting him or his family. He has giving good service to the England team and, apart from the incident against Argentina when he got sent off ,he has been a credit to the image of English football. I also think that a footballers family is totally 'off-limits' as far as insults are concerned.

redcoat said:
:lol:

I've actually met Beckham, while he was a Man Utd player, he came to the Addidas factory shop where my brother works, while I was buying some cut price sports gear, he was very polite and charming. :peace:
While I think his time has passed as a England player I would never think of insulting him or his family. He has giving good service to the England team and, apart from the incident against Argentina when he got sent off ,he has been a credit to the image of English football. I also think that a footballers family is totally 'off-limits' as far as insults are concerned.

Ok...comments retracted.

Back