FIFA World Cup anyone?

No idea...LOL...Aussies surprising again, its near the 75th minute now and still scoreless. Italy playing with a man down. Austrailia needs to work that advantage!

EDIT After Game: Aussies are out because of a gay call. Francesco Totti faked a dive in the box after being tackled by Lucas Niell, and the PK was hit high and to the right of Schwartzer. Personally, the game should have gone to overtime. The Socceroos just couldnt capitalize on the one man advantage...Good show mates.

Last edited:
This year winner for Acedemy Award for best acting will be the Italian National Team, with best supporting actor Franesco Totti.

Frankly I beginning to root for anybody playing Italy, there were several instances in the USA-Italy match where 3 Italian players were carried off in strechers in sheer agony only to be subbed back in 1 minute later. And that final penalty against the Soccoroos was quality theatrics, I have seen more believable contact in WWE wrestling. I'm not surprised the Aussie feel robbed.

On a related note, did hell freeze over? France won. I'm Speachless...

Last edited:
Of course they did. They could have been playing the United States and I would have called it a misjudge. That referee needs to be dismissed from this World Cup and never invited again.

C/1Lt Henderson said:
Of course they did. They could have been playing the United States and I would have called it a misjudge. That referee needs to be dismissed from this World Cup and never invited again.

Same could be said for several others, the Briton that gave 3 yellows to a Croatian player, the Russian Ref who gave 16 yellows and 4 reds in a single game, and that Mexican Ref who somehow missed an obvious goal made by Thierry Henry against South Korea that was clearly over the line. The funny thing is all these refs are vets, its not like they are inexperianced.

The refereeing has been beyond belief...

mmarsh said:
On a related note, did hell freeze over? France won. I'm Speachless...
Yes that was awesome, although I rooted for Spain. The old guard marked their return! Lookin forward to watching Argentina vs Germany in the ol' Irish pub tomorrow!

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
Yes that was awesome, although I rooted for Spain. The old guard marked their return! Lookin forward to watching Argentina vs Germany in the ol' Irish pub tomorrow!
Ya wanna know somethin that really pissed me off? My boss scheduled me to work for EVERY QUARTERFINAL GAME!

Popeye said:
Not a surprise at all to me. France has a complete roster from offense to defense comprised of some young new faces and veterans. They are actually quite strong. I believe they will beat Spain and advance to the quarterfinals.

Woohoo! Next up - Brazil !

Now we're at the buisiness end!!!!! i'm soooooo nervous about Englands game on saturday, even with deco suspended i think we are underdogs because of hiow weve been playing.

Only 4 hours 45 minutes to go, till Germany is going to beat Argentina and doing its next step to win the World Cup. Wohoooo! :horsie:

Gooooo Germany !!!
I've bet some money on your team so don't disapoint me :cheers:

Ps: Podolski and Klose rules (they are both Poles BTW).

Update: GER:ARG 1:1

Last edited:
argentina are OUT!:p

they took it well
icon_rolleyes.gif

Whoohoo, last four!!!! I was so nervous I had to get out on the balcony during penalties but was able to make out results easily from cheers and fireworks in the neighborhood.

I honestly cannot even tell who I think will win this year...Germany has a lot of momentum going into the semis, but so do the other three teams. Germany has home play advantage, but other teams will use that to fuel their own determination...Its just too hard to tell even this late in the tourney.

I really would like to see Germany win. Brazil has done it enough. Give the Germans an excuse to drink...(like they need one but whatever)

Back